New season

Is it me or am I alone in feeling flat at moment,this time of year I can hardly wait for the season to start but not this one ,we’ve no manager,no Stella signings.theres not a lot of optimism from anyone.Lets hope it all gets sorted soon so we can all move on WAWAW

I have to disagree to be honest. 

Yes the manager situation is really disappointing but we will move on and quite honestly, if we end up with Hughton or Rowett I will be pretty happy. 

We've managed to do some key deals that I was very concerned were not possible. We've secured Westwood and resigned Keiran Lee which for me were as important as anything. 

The signing of kadeem Harris looks like a really great piece of business. He's looked great in preseason. 

With the embargo looming over us I hardly expected anything so I've been fairly pleased so far. 

The only way I'll lose my optimism is of chansiri announces another obscure foreign manager or one in the shape of Pulis or McLaren etc. 

Edited by poite

46 minutes ago, poite said:

I have to disagree to be honest. 

Yes the manager situation is really disappointing but we will move on and quite honestly, if we end up with Hughton or Rowett I will be pretty happy. 

We've managed to do some key deals that I was very concerned were not possible. We've secured Westwood and resigned Keiran Lee which for me were as important as anything. 

The signing of kadeem Harris looks like a really great piece of business. He's looked great in preseason. 

With the embargo looming over us I hardly expected anything so I've been fairly pleased so far. 

The only way I'll lose my optimism is of chansiri announces another obscure foreign manager or one in the shape of Pulis or McLaren etc. 

Completely agree. Thinking back, couldn't wait for 16/17 season to start after season before. Ended up deflated after Hudders and that was how I went into 17/18 season and so it proved - shocker of a season. Not much better going into last season. Never rated Jos and so it proved. Was really optimistic this time until Bruce took off but like poite says, if we get Hughton or Rowett in, I'll be happy. Pulis or obscure foreign, I'll be underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TC4EVER said:

Is it me or am I alone in feeling flat at moment,this time of year I can hardly wait for the season to start but not this one ,we’ve no manager,no Stella signings.theres not a lot of optimism from anyone.Lets hope it all gets sorted soon so we can all move on WAWAW

Gior, grow some. UTO.

We always start with an enthusiasm and hope and most of the time we fall flat on our face at the start of the season. 

It'll be the Wednesday was. 

No manager. No big new signings. 

Bit of doom and gloom. 

So well probably hit the ground running and catch everyone cold... Well fingers crossed anyway lol

• Like 2

I don't think we're in for an exciting season if I'm honest but I can't wait for the football to start again, not just ours any football its driving me mad. Bring on 4-50 Saturday afternoons when Wednesday have lost to the whipping boys of the league and owls talk is in meltdown and #ChansiriOut is trending on twitter.

18 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I am a bit worried whether Hughton will pick Hector at Reading or leave him on the bench because of his lack of a pre season 

Yep, don’t think you need to be worrying about that one.

We haven’t improved in defence , midfield or attack .Harris possibly strengthens us on the wing. So it’s hard to be positive, that said we haven’t improved in these areas since the play offs. Be difficult to mount a promotion challenge with the squad we have . Still time to change all that though. 

Whats the point of not being optimistic?

I mean f.ookin' 'ell..yeah...Bruce has kicked us in the nuts....but lets be honest , Owls fans have been stood legs akimbo, getting kicked in the nuts for two f.ookin' decades...

Comes a time when yer nuts are numb.

Its another season...its another fresh laundered season, when all last seasons p*ssed the bed sheets, are clean again, the toilets flushed an' dettolled...

Hillsborough stood , greensward resplendent, awaiting a team that once again trots out in the stripes...wiv some oriental funny writin' on..that could mean owt

Whats not to like?

Walking into a ground we don't own any more, but luckily it was bought by our boss, so in all actuality...We don't own it anymore..but we trust him ..(Unless you want a drink or a taxi)

Its all on the cusp isn't it?..Which way will the dice fall...

Could we shake a 6?..Which is good in some ways......

............but means yer f.ookin' dead .......................in others...

What a merry jape

Wend yer way down Penistone ...

and lets see what happens

Its what you have always done...its what you always will do..

So its pointless moaning about it...you f.ookin' fannies lol