Just now, vulva said:

Hard lines. Football needs a reality check. I’ve no sympathy for businesses that run their affairs in a poor manner. 

Wow! Just Wow! 

Just now, Mycroft said:

Apart from that evil little poo who phones Radio Sheffield

He is a zoo animal. 

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

Wow! Just Wow! 

Why should football clubs not pay tax, creditors etc?

About time we nationalised football, get the council to run the clubs wouldn't be much on the Council tax, can make the highest earners pay more. 

Everyone's a winner. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I 'd love to get involved in this argument but I don'tI know the facts about this 

BUT my general point that the lower clubs need more support stands 

or else it will just be a super league and a wannabe league that we are in then semi pro or amateurs  

Of course they should. 

It's not just down to that though is it. The money that's being thrown about in the prem, the wages prem and championship clubs are paying out and also the small clubs have a few good players on the books then get them snatched away for peanuts from the Chelseas of this world is all wrong. 

The monies should be filtering back down to grass roots, smaller clubs and basics of football. Not for the rich to take advantage of every situation to make themselves more powerful. 

4 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Of course they should. 

It's not just down to that though is it. The money that's being thrown about in the prem, the wages prem and championship clubs are paying out and also the small clubs have a few good players on the books then get them snatched away for peanuts from the Chelseas of this world is all wrong. 

The monies should be filtering back down to grass roots, smaller clubs and basics of football. Not for the rich to take advantage of every situation to make themselves more powerful. 

Agree to a point, but it will never happen. Premier League is a closed shop. The best thing to happen to football would be another ITV Digital scenario and the reset button getting pressed. 

Agree to a point, but it will never happen. Premier League is a closed shop. The best thing to happen to football would be another ITV Digital scenario and the reset button getting pressed. 

Sky are the paymasters whilst there are other organisations would like to get involved Sky need to lean of the premier league 

I may be wrong but I'm not alone thinking that this balloon cannot keep expanding  ie £80m for maguire 

I can see a domino collapse of several clubs this season and even more next   but as long as it's not us that's fine eh?

Dominic Martinez, one among a small group of supporters who sounded the alarm about Day’s financial practices after a loan was taken out in 2014 secured on Gigg Lane at 138% annual interest, believes the crisis highlights inadequacies in the game’s rules.

The EFL has said Dale took the club over from Day without ever providing proof of funds as required under its regulations, yet he remains the owner and sole director, insisting he can turn it all round.

There’s a couple of big clubs in their immediate vicinity who could help. 

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

There’s a couple of big clubs in their immediate vicinity who could help. 

Fairly sure Man City lent them their old training ground for free and they trashed it. 

Don't know the ins and outs.

Got to think this will have a knock on effect.

Teams losing income from the games that Bury cant fulfill.

You've then got the whole Bolton fiasco.

Wonder if we are at the tipping point here?

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

Hard lines. Football needs a reality check. I’ve no sympathy for businesses that run their affairs in a poor manner. 

Jesus! You’ve got a short memory. Without MM we could have been in the same boat. There but for the grace of god go I.

• Like 1

Just now, goonan8 said:

Jesus! You’ve got a short memory. Without MM we could have been in the same boat. There but for the grace of god go I.

And not paying local creditors in the meantime. Ask a couple of the local non league clubs how they view that period, in terms of debts not paid etc. 

its the fans you want to help, not the club. Maybe i am cynical but any help either financial or in goodwill will most likely line the pockets of those who have gotten the club into this state.

Maybe we could send 2000 playoff t shirts and some bobble hats to their fans.

1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

People are going to lose their jobs. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I agree with having no sympathy for badly run businesses. They leave a trail of problems all around. But that's completely different to having sympathy for employees of badly run businesses. People who are small cogs in the engine of the Owner/Chairman/Chief exec's money machine. Many earning a pittance, but in desperate need of it. Surely you can sympathise with their situation?

1 hour ago, vulva said:

And not paying local creditors in the meantime. Ask a couple of the local non league clubs how they view that period, in terms of debts not paid etc. 

Ask share holders of the Co Op bank how they felt about the derisory sum they received from us for the debt we owed them. I should put my hand over my mouth and shout full up if I were you mate. There a small club struggling in the lower leagues with next to no income, and receiving fu#k all help from the EFL who, incidentally, couldn’t run a pi#s up in a brewery.

2 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

Ask share holders of the Co Op bank how they felt about the derisory sum they received from us for the debt we owed them. I should put my hand over my mouth and shout full up if I were you mate. There a small club struggling in the lower leagues with next to no income, and receiving fu#k all help from the EFL who, incidentally, couldn’t run a pi#s up in a brewery.

Oh dear. 

On 27/07/2019 at 16:02, zico.b said:

Such a crying shame.

If they do go under, no doubt AFC Bury will be formed.

Hate to see it, but it isn't just a modern phenomenon - Halifax, Newport and Scarborough to name, but a few.

Middlesbrough (80s) and Leeds (00s) are effectively new teams, but were allowed to keep their FL status.

Yes, think people forget that teams have folded regulary since the start of the league system. Not sure why we all seem to get shocked and try to blame thos and that. Compared to business failure rates football is very good.

Another for the list Workington, New Brighton, Bradford PA.