Bury cup game in doubt

Might’ve been said already but the EFL’s main concern is that they’ll play league games then go under in a month. Meaning they’ll be a decision to make about the points accrued by teams that have played against them. 

Calling off our game is sort of creating the problem they’re trying to avoid by calling off their league games.  

Also unlike Bolton they do actually have a playing squad iirc, so as long as there’s an actual Bury FC in existence the game will probably still go ahead.

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Definitely, because everyone has helped us out

Agree. I'm all for being altruistic, but don't think such a gesture is necessary. 

It's the EFL being unfit for purpose, which is causing the problem. As I understand they are able to prove funds, have a safety certificate but EFL being flaps, as usual. 

EFL better get used to it because this is the legacy of bending over for the premier league, imposing stupid FFP sanctions and starving the lower leagues of transfer income, because championship clubs are restricted from spending money. 

Edited by striker

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

i get that D

but I'm uneasy at this situation  I don't know what's gone on but it's a symptom of  Sky ruining the game I don't like it   people will just think who cares?

imagine it was us  and oh boy do i remember every blasted day when it nearly was 

Sky need to take responsibility and  encourage the premier league to look after the grass roots 

38 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Why does that matter? Will you only do something if it benefits you? 

We as club have had a tarnished reputation due to the hillsborough disaster. 

We as a club need to change that perception. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

Why does that matter? Will you only do something if it benefits you? 

We as club have had a tarnished reputation due to the hillsborough disaster. 

We as a club need to change that perception. 

Only in Liverpool. Everyone else gets it, and it’s one of the very few things Wednesday and United fans agree on.