Bury cup game in doubt

Just now, torres said:

I would say that is like 99% of chairmen around the world though

It's? like saying you are lucky to have parents that don't lock you in a cellar for 30 years 

Really?  Macclesfield, Notts County, Bury, Oldham and until recently Blackpool have been facing court action. Not to mention the Bolton fiasco where players have gone unpaid for 5 months. Other clubs such as Sunderland, Hull, Charlton and Newcastle have chairmen that the supporters can't wait to ditch.

DC might not be perfect but he pays the bills and I believe has the best interests of the club at heart.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Really?  Macclesfield, Notts County, Bury, Oldham and until recently Blackpool have been facing court action. Not to mention the Bolton fiasco where players have gone unpaid for 5 months. Other clubs such as Sunderland, Hull, Charlton and Newcastle have chairmen that the supporters can't wait to ditch.

DC might not be perfect but he pays the bills and I believe has the best interests of the club at heart.  

Fair points.

I agree we could be far worse off and with a few teaks he and there, DC would be one of the better ones 

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

It's not a dig at DC, but I recall we were quite stable under Milan. 

Not a dig at MM but we were going nowhere under him  - personally i'd rather have DC.

In fact if you put them together we'd have a dream team

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Not a dig at MM but we were going nowhere under him  - personally i'd rather have DC.

Was just responding to the "paying the bills" part. For the club to grow we needed to move on from MM, and Milan would say the same. 

Just now, torres said:

Have to agree, MM's nous coupled with DC's money  would have made us very, very formidable. 

8 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That's not true. They spent nothing last season.

There problem came when they spent to try and get to the championship, but ended up being relegated to L1 instead.

last season bury had some experienced players some who played at a higher level so there wage bill was way higher than they could afford ,transfer fees are irrelevant ,look at us we hardly had any transfer fees for 2-3 years but a colossal wage bill that's what nearly got us a full embargo and points deduction which would have happened if chansiri didn't buy the ground. 

4 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Agree totally. He's got his faults but he's trying every trick in the book to invest in us and as you said, we're in safe hands going forward in terms of paying the bills 

Milan never made any secret of the fact that we were purely and simply a business proposition to him & at a very dark time for us he was a saviour.

What let him down was his insincerity when he said he would only sell with the clubs best interests at heart & then fell over himself to try and do a deal with the shysters from the Land of Fire!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobness said:

It's not a dig at DC, but I recall we were quite stable under Milan. 

Not really, we had no money to spend, an awful team at times and still losing about £5m per season. 

Milan saved us at a time of great need, but made no secret that it was a turnaround venture on a budget. We were kept going to facilitate a sale. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Not really, we had no money to spend, an awful team at times and still losing about £5m per season. 

Milan saved us at a time of great need, but made no secret that it was a turnaround venture on a budget. We were kept going to facilitate a sale. 

Surely you understand there's a difference between stability and growth. 

Funny you should bring up £5m in losses, because we've been losing more than that under DC...

7 minutes ago, bobness said:

Surely you understand there's a difference between stability and growth. 

Funny you should bring up £5m in losses, because we've been losing more than that under DC...

And DC has invested a hell of a lot more!

I've always said about Chasiri, he needed to do two things, appoint a championship experienced manager and give them full control of transfers.

He did that with Bruce and we have to stick to that!

I also believe without DC we'd have no chance of making the premier league!