Bury cup game in doubt

I love to see us donate some of the money to the players or staff that havent been paid. 

I dont understand why the pfa are bailing bolton and seem to be allowing bury to go to the wall. 

The efl and now the pfa are a bloody  shambles. 

This is all a mute point however as unless im wrong bury could be liqudated either today or tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Bury got promotion by throwing loads of money at it ,money they dont have ,i feel sorry for there supporters that there owner has probably finished them. There are millions of examples in day to day life ,where especially younger people buy things on credit with no hope of ever paying for it. Just live within your means or is that too old fashioned .debt is a dirty word . 

That's not true. They spent nothing last season.

There problem came when they spent to try and get to the championship, but ended up being relegated to L1 instead.

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Was going to buy the kids and myself tickets for the Bury match today. Reckon I should hang fire?

I would hang fire . . . . .she might leave you by then 

No point wasting money 

• Haha 2

Terrible what is happening and i wish Bury get themselves sorted and we can play the game.....but.........if they can't play do we definitely get a bye? Would be good for our squad of potential injuries to have 1 less game to play. Or is there some weird EFL clause which enables Chelsea U23s to take their place. :ph34r:

There's a good chance Bury will be liquidated tomorrow, if they can't prove to the EFL that they have the funds to start the season then how's the tax man going to get his money. Hearing tomorrow, hard to have too much sympathy when it's probably the 3rd time in the last 5 years they've overspent on gates of 2,000.

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

I dont understand why the pfa are bailing bolton and seem to be allowing bury to go to the wall. 

The efl and now the pfa are a bloody  shambles. 

This is all a mute point however as unless im wrong bury could be liqudated either today or tomorrow. 

Sickening how PL has millions to burn yet other clubs struggling and failing to survive. They got promotion without spending big but had a poor apology for a chairman. Makes you appreciate how lucky we are to have DC.

As for PFA stance, I don't understand it either. By bailing out one club that is actually in the process of being taken over (supposedly) they seem to be helping out would-be owners that had to show evidence of 25 million funding about a month or so ago, so where's that money?  TBF if Bury can't produce funding for one match they aren't going to manage a full season, are they? Sad and you have to think if they go out of business others will follow to the detriment of all true football lovers.

Both teams have been horribly mismanged for a number of years and quite honestly, I don't see why other clubs should bail them out.

It's all well and good throwing millions at them, but if they're rotten as a viable business then it's just papering over the cracks. And what would constitute qualifying for help? There are plenty of clubs that scrape along in the lower leagues on a tiny budget, how will they feel if Bury or Bolton suddenly get bailed out by a rich club? Seeing them getting bailed out because they failed would feel pretty unfair.

Plus, the PL already gives £100m to the EFL clubs per season. Each championship club gets £4.5m per season, League 1 clubs £700k and League 2 clubs £450k. It's not exactly peanuts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Sickening how PL has millions to burn yet other clubs struggling and failing to survive. They got promotion without spending big but had a poor apology for a chairman. Makes you appreciate how lucky we are to have DC.

As for PFA stance, I don't understand it either. By bailing out one club that is actually in the process of being taken over (supposedly) they seem to be helping out would-be owners that had to show evidence of 25 million funding about a month or so ago, so where's that money?  TBF if Bury can't produce funding for one match they aren't going to manage a full season, are they? Sad and you have to think if they go out of business others will follow to the detriment of all true football lovers.

In what way are we lucky to have DC?

Not having a go, just interested in your view

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

He pays the bills and we are not facing extinction.

I would say that is like 99% of chairmen around the world though

It's like saying you are lucky to have parents that don't lock you in a cellar for 30 years