Bury cup game in doubt

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I think there should be a rule that you cant spend more on wages than what you earn,transfer fees should be exempt from that. it wont ever happen though ,greed is what rules everything these days. 

They should put in a rule where you breathe out after you breathe in too!

Until you get a governing body that can act ually control the whole thing ..it will carry on.

We all like to think its "About the supporters..." It actually isn't.

Supporters are just as selfish about their clubs as the chairmen are for the most part.

Wednesday fans, and fans of most other clubs would turn into the same self entitled f.ookwits that arsenal , Man utd etc are now..bar a few purists, if we hit the jackpot.

I reckon it needs wage caps and stricter control of agents.

It won't happen because football in the main, although we keep saying its broken, is simply about money, and those that have it will fight tooth and nail to keep it.

Its working just fine for some..Its only broken when you fall off it....like we have

It is almost like profit and sustainability is a convenient smokescreen; a way for the EFL to say they're doing their part when in reality they continually let charlatans and idiots takeover clubs.

Bury on the brink, Bolton soon to follow.

We and others get placed in soft embargoes for spending money we do have. 

Ok then...

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

As a gesture we should let Bury have ALL the gate reciepts. It won't be a massive crowd, but that money would help them big time , and im sure it wouldnt hurt us.

Yeah. That's the type of thing our owner does. 

29 minutes ago, poite said:

Yeah. That's the type of thing our owner does. 

Steady on mate...

Listen...

I'll play in goal for Bury...I'm an altruistic sort....

Costello up front..Daveyboy holding midfielder....

who wants to play in the hole?

Edited by asteener1867

1 hour ago, torres said:

Is there a wage cap in normal business???

A lot of Football clubs are sadly run by incapable people 

A wage cap works partly in ice hockey and basketball. There's quite a lot of wrangling for clubs to keep themselves below the set cap and I think that it helps keeping the differences between clubs smaller. But it would be quite hard to make it work through the different tiers in an equal way. One problem is that some of the highest earning players now have very long contracts, 10-15 years I think, so in terms of a salary cap, the clubs can divide the total pay for the duration of the whole contract.

Bury won 2-1 at Port Vale today. They named a full side including subs so fielding a team looks as though it isn't much of a problem. If they can convince the EFL that they can service their debts on monday the game will be on. I know their problems are of their own making but surely the Neville brothers could help out a bit considering their strong family connections. In my opinion it's reprehensible that Salford City and FC United are stable while a grand old club like Bury might disappear.

9 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Bury won 2-1 at Port Vale today. They named a full side including subs so fielding a team looks as though it isn't much of a problem. If they can convince the EFL that they can service their debts on monday the game will be on. I know their problems are of their own making but surely the Neville brothers could help out a bit considering their strong family connections. In my opinion it's reprehensible that Salford City and FC United are stable while a grand old club like Bury might disappear.

Probably half of team was made up with trialists. 

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Steady on mate...

Listen...

I'll play in goal for Bury...I'm an altruistic sort....

Costello up front..Daveyboy holding midfielder....

who wants to play in the hole?

Hold my beer

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

A lot of the side they put out appear to have been youth players.

So they have enough but it'll end up being their U23 side at Hillsborough, if they survive till then they wont be risking their small squad of first teamers in the cup.

Guest Theboylangers
24 minutes ago, Stevebrucebarmyarmy said:

I think we play Notts county if bury can’t play the fixture as they come second off bottom in league 2 last season, not 100 percent if this is true though!

Thanks for the info.

Not quite sure about your username though. You might want to consider changing it.

:duntmatter:

13 hours ago, theowlsman said:

If we do play them, we should let them keep all the earnings from the fixture.

Good luck Bury.

Don't have a problem with this as long as the money was given directly to their creditors.