Bury cup game in doubt

Bolton's preferred buyers who are imminently about to take over provided proof of funds to the EFL that would mean they could pay players, staff and maintain the ground etc.

Bury don't have anyone lined up to inject funds, instead they are relying on a CVA to survive the season, with no cash in reserve if any unforeseen issues occur. The EFL asked for proof of £1.5m cash to survive and the response to that was to prove they have secured £1.65m of credit. This despite being in a CVA and basically further increasing their debt.

They have very few players on the books and would need to sign up players and a management team before playing.The EFL took exception to this and the constant inflammatory comments from their chairman Steve Dale is not helping matters. 

I highly doubt Bury will compete this season and expect them to be expelled from the FL. My gut says that they will reform as AFC Bury (or something similar) and make their way back up the football pyramid like Wimbledon did.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Zero chance the cup game goes ahead, will we just get a free pass to the 2nd round, knowing our luck the FA will punish Forestieri for it.

They probably will as it’s one of the games he would probably have missed

It's a dire situation with appalling consequences. A 134 year old club ripped out of the heart of the community, a lifetime's sporting memories tainted, people's livelihoods shattered, etc.

But the burning issue is... if it's cancelled I'm sure those of us who have already booked tickets online will be refunded, but... do we get to keep the 10 TPP?

On 03/08/2019 at 11:57, goonan8 said:

Ask share holders of the Co Op bank how they felt about the derisory sum they received from us for the debt we owed them. I should put my hand over my mouth and shout full up if I were you mate. There a small club struggling in the lower leagues with next to no income, and receiving fu#k all help from the EFL who, incidentally, couldn’t run a pi#s up in a brewery.

Correct me I'm wrong, but wasn't there a whacking great interest on that loan from the Co-Op which meant it was never likely to be repaid? 

Also, I'm pretty sure we weren't the only club to be loaned money by the Co-op during that period. 

Finally, if we had gone into administration, then those poor Co-Op shareholders wouldn't have got any money back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Correct me I'm wrong, but wasn't there a whacking great interest on that loan from the Co-Op which meant it was never likely to be repaid? 

Also, I'm pretty sure we weren't the only club to be loaned money by the Co-op during that period. 

Finally, if we had gone into administration, then those poor Co-Op shareholders wouldn't have got any money back. 

The manager of the CO-OP was an Owls fan....Not our fault...He went with his heart...nice to have a banker with a heart..I can't fault him....

He was just very poor financially for everyone who relied on him as he turned out  to be a banker who knew nowt about finance!

His intentions were honourable........................................................ish

when Burys close neighbours are peeing £80m on one player, it’s sad times for such an old club. 

I don’t know what the solution is, other than the other 91 have a whip round. 

Or everyone that wins big on Rowett becoming boss gives all profit to Bury 

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

when Burys close neighbours are peeing £80m on one player, it’s sad times for such an old club. 

I don’t know what the solution is, other than the other 91 have a whip round. 

Or everyone that wins big on Rowett becoming boss gives all profit to Bury 

:ph34r:

You don’t know what the solution is???

Maybe work within your own budget might help 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I’m not sure you understand the context of this conversation. But I’ll respond anyway.

Of course there was interest on the loan from the Co-Op, they are a bank and that’s how they make their money.

Your second point is totally irrelevant!

And if we had gone into administration you are correct in stating the “poor” Co-Op shareholders wouldn’t have received any money back, but this only highlights the point I was making that any football club could go out of business and we shouldn’t be so quick to judge them as it could so easily have happened to us.

Hope this clarifies my previous  post for you. UTO

28 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

I’m not sure you understand the context of this conversation. But I’ll respond anyway.

Of course there was interest on the loan from the Co-Op, they are a bank and that’s how they make their money.

Your second point is totally irrelevant!

And if we had gone into administration you are correct in stating the “poor” Co-Op shareholders wouldn’t have received any money back, but this only highlights the point I was making that any football club could go out of business and we shouldn’t be so quick to judge them as it could so easily have happened to us.

Hope this clarifies my previous  post for you. UTO

Was more a point about the "derisory" sums the Co-Op shareholders received, but carry on. 

3 hours ago, fatbloke no1 said:

think we should give them bigger amount of gate money

nice gesture but why when we are losing money hand over fist would we do that ?...…..would they do the same for us if positions were reversed ? I somehow doubt it …….when palace went into administration do you think we should have given them the gate money from the game that they relegated us ?...