London meeting

3 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Howson will have read this, spat his coffee across the office and begun typing ...

Wednesday Owner Cuts Short Family Holiday To Call Crisis Meeting

He'll then re-word @casbahowl's post, regurgitate a couple of earlier 'scoops' like Rhodes being loaned out to QPR and selling Joao to Bristol City for peanuts

Throw in a few over-used and often repeated phrases such as 'soft embargo' and 'managerless'

Maybe give Bruce, Ashley and the PL the usual namechecks and Bob's yer uncle!

The rest of the day is his own  :biggrin:

He might be Batman in his spare time...don't judge.

• Like 1

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Could be about how soon the next manager leaves, snow joke !

Is that the bloke with a carrot for his nose?

This is what happens when your Norwegian agent recommends a manager described as The Iceman.

33 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Electric trains run on DC, the overhead lines carry 25000 volts AC, get converted to DC and drives the series motors for the drive.

True enough, same as your Tele' or any other electrical appliance connected to the mains which is why the first stage of the vast majority of appliances is a transformer to do just that. Its a moot point though. Most people who plug their thing into the mains (opportunity here for grotesque humour) would say that it works off of mains A/C.

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

I think you will find that trains that use overhead lines use a/c because of the better transmission properties of a/c over long distances, whilst only the older third rail system of the London Underground and the old Southern Region use d/c.

AC or DC, Was bever in doubt for me. After your post I now realise I didn't give it enough thought. I should have considered if I needed to be under or on top. A bit late to worry about it now, at my age I'm lucky if I can get any current flowing. lol

Edited by prowl

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

AC or DC, Was bever in doubt for me. After your post I now realise I didn't give it enough thought. I should have considered if I needed to be under or on top. A bit late to worry about it now, at my age I'm lucky if I can get any current flowing. lol

Likewise.... :ohmy: