Now Danny Cowley

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bizarre that 'pressing' is considered a recent thing.

Join us next week on Tommorows World as Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp shows us his new invention "The wheel"

It webt out o fashion for many years. Its now coupled with high energy football.

10 minutes ago, Quist said:

It webt out o fashion for many years. Its now coupled with high energy football.

Swings and roundabout with tactics. It's all cyclical.

Teams start pressing. Other teams start counterting. 

Round and round it goes.

I was a fan of Wilkos high energy football.

• Like 1

Cowley was and remains my 1st choice. I don’t give a shiite about style of football as long as we are winning. We’re 20 years out of the top league and that’s a bigger concern than a lad from Belgium in the middle passing it sideways and a keeper who can do Cruyff turns. 

2 hours ago, paddyowl said:

Yes, I wanted to show the full list of betting whereas you didn't need to read it, did you ?

I didn't read it. If I wanted to know the odds I'd look on skybet where I can see all managers on 1 page without scrolling for a week, the necessary bit was a joke so proving my point with how many folk it annoyed 

6 minutes ago, thommowl said:

I didn't read it. If I wanted to know the odds I'd look on skybet where I can see all managers on 1 page without scrolling for a week, the necessary bit was a joke so proving my point with how many folk it annoyed 

Yeah ok

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Swings and roundabout with tactics. It's all cyclical.

Teams start pressing. Other teams start counterting. 

Round and round it goes.

I was a fan of Wilkos high energy football.

Stormtroopers as the headline went. it was good stuff but system got worked out. that was long ball high energy football. The successful type at moment is high pressing high energy football which has emerged as teams try to pass ball out of back and frequently fail when put under pressure. I have not seen this successfully countered yet except other team playing same type of football but better at it. 

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

Stormtroopers as the headline went. it was good stuff but system got worked out. that was long ball high energy football. The successful type at moment is high pressing high energy football which has emerged as teams try to pass ball out of back and frequently fail when put under pressure. I have not seen this successfully countered yet except other team playing same type of football but better at it. 

It might have been long ball but it was still high pressing , high energy football.  

I think there's a case to be made the modern ideas have these days have been taken from those direct sides of the past.  Like Taylor Watford.

"I want to win the ball back as far away from our goal as possible. It's very simple.  There's less chance of conceding and less passes needed to get your own next shot away".

There's more "better football" in the modern pressing and tempo. Being used. 

Though it's often used these days by the clubs with the greatest financial  resources at thier disposal so the football is going to be better...

Almost the opposite of the old times where the "footballing" sides tended to be a bit slower and the high pressing , high energy teams tended to the poorer clubs playing a way to get the most out of their limited squads. 

• Like 1