Now Danny Cowley

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

The kind of progressive appointment I would love to see.

But if they turned down WBA with all of their parachute payments, why the heck would they consider us under embargo? 

Absolutely. The clowns who got the club into this position by scattergun generally low quality recruitment should now be realising that no decent manager wants to come and that only the desperate or somebody wanting a leg up will consider it. And our players wages are so high we are stuck with some players we do not want to play unless their contract ends. Boyd has had to drop down to Peterboro he is so far over the hill and he was playing for the first XI here not so long ago. 

Bruce remarked on seven strikers but even now there are still six! 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Another plea from my heart and soul to not use the word ‘ progressive’ . It means absolutely nothing in this context and the sentence has the same meaning without using the word. 

Disagree.  I use the word to indicate a manager who is young and whose biggest achievements are ahead of them not behind them.  I use the word to indicate a manager who is open to new ideas and innovative and doesn't rely on football lore and "the way its always been done".

So put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

3 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Disagree.  I use the word to indicate a manager who is young and whose biggest achievements are ahead of them not behind them.  I use the word to indicate a manager who is open to new ideas and innovative and doesn't rely on football lore and "the way its always been done".

So put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

Is Pep a ‘ progressive ‘ manager or not ? Are his best achievements behind him or in front of him ? Was Claudio Ranieri at Leicester progressive ? Isn’t your first definition more simply expressed as ‘ young’?

As for the second, last time I looked Lincoln players weren’t spending training sessions learning to play the accordion, speaking esperanto to each other then fielding a formation of 3-1-2-1-1-2 with a dog up front and tank of sharks in goal. In fact, they looked remarkably like a Howard Wilkinson team who launch it up to a variety of hefty units up front. 

• Haha 1

Just now, attyjake said:

OOPS     I clearly need to pay more attention!

:ohmy:

Sorting the women's team is the club's #3 priority, behind #1, telling Newcastle where to shove it, and #2, selecting a font for the 'Chansiri' sponsor on the new kit. Finding the right font can be a bit of nightmare sometimes.

Guest LittleG
20 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I've just heard Emma Royds has been interviewed.  I'm now expecting punters to "pile" on the bets on her instead.

I've heard Emma rillo has also been contacted. Is this the way to go.

Guest Ferkorf

Sure theres something in the water at Thurgoland to give everyone who lives there the ability to chat utter tosh

9 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Sure theres something in the water at Thurgoland to give everyone who lives there the ability to chat utter tosh

Well it is classed as part of Barnsley, what do you expect.

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Is Pep a ‘ progressive ‘ manager or not ? Are his best achievements behind him or in front of him ? Was Claudio Ranieri at Leicester progressive ? Isn’t your first definition more simply expressed as ‘ young’?

As for the second, last time I looked Lincoln players weren’t spending training sessions learning to play the accordion, speaking esperanto to each other then fielding a formation of 3-1-2-1-1-2 with a dog up front and tank of sharks in goal. In fact, they looked remarkably like a Howard Wilkinson team who launch it up to a variety of hefty units up front. 

Ranieri was a lucky manager he inherited a team ready built and he managed it. he could not build on this. He has pleasant personality and had rich clubs with plenty of money.

Pep is a progressive manager he has introduced a high pressing style and his style has been copied by others. 

If someone is adopting or adapting new ideas and implementing them that is progressive. If someone achieves new records and achievements that is progressive. It relates to anyone who is achieving in their field.

You obviously have little or no idea of football and come on here to try and pick fault. A football forum is primarily to talk about football f you want to be a prize fart I am sure there are forums which will suit.