Now Danny Cowley

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

The kind of progressive appointment I would love to see.

But if they turned down WBA with all of their parachute payments, why the heck would they consider us under embargo? 

Another plea from my heart and soul to not use the word ‘ progressive’ . It means absolutely nothing in this context and the sentence has the same meaning without using the word. 

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

What is so progressive about the Cowley brothers? Great resultat, sure. Progressive? I have no idea. Would like to know why they are considered so much more interesting than Rowett, who’s far more experienced in high level football, and proven at our level. 

The word has no meaning and should be made illegal.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

According to the Star moved to favourites on sky bet,

As of a minute ago there is nowhere on the website saying that and Rowett is 4/9 with skybet

4 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

Think this is what he means but another nothing story again 

6CC624F6-D60F-48C4-A642-E3F758D4ED7B.thumb.jpeg.3995bd4b4a193ae8654aa013e9298e28.jpeg

Fair enough but how can they print Crap with out getting pulled up on it, one look at skybet says hes not in the top 5 I don't think hes even be better than  14/1

Id love us to get the Cowleys in. My first choice .up snd coming , young , ambitious,  wanting to make a name for themselves. Exactly the sort of appointment we should he making instead of one of the long list of failed merry go round managers that get mentioned every time a club needs a new manager. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Fair enough but how can they print Crap with out getting pulled up on it, one look at skybet says hes not in the top 5 I don't think hes even be better than  14/1

Dont forget this is the paper who thought Terry Henfleet was a real player 

38 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

Hardly a runaway success at Derby!

Really??? Taking them from where they were to where they ended up. I'm not quite sure how you gauge success - it surely doesn't seem like you gauge it as making something better. 

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Id love us to get the Cowleys in. My first choice .up snd coming , young , ambitious,  wanting to make a name for themselves. Exactly the sort of appointment we should he making instead of one of the long list of failed merry go round managers that get mentioned every time a club needs a new manager. 

This!!

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

Rowett only failed at Stoke, hardly frequent.

Whilst his record at Stoke was far from great, I don't even think he really failed there, just drew too many albeit it with a team (and actually the whole club) that I think was still suffering the affects of relegation. His performance there was the kind of thing the Alan Partridge shrug gif was created for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1