Star have Herve Renard at 16/1

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Are you suspecting laundering?    

Nah, probably nothing illegal is going on. Just legal tricks/loopholes to get by the accounting issues. DC probably has only clean money but is just not allowed to use it.

2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Nah, probably nothing illegal is going on. Just legal tricks/loopholes to get by the accounting issues. DC probably has only clean money but is just not allowed to use it.

It was a poor attempt on my part to be funny Washing + Accounting = Laundering     Oh never mind I'll work on my material. 

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

My daughter was doing some pediatric first aid course at Hillsborough today, said without doubt Chansiri was talking to someone she didn't recognise, quite some time later to someone else she didn't recognise.

For all I know, they could have been talking about catering contracts for next season, however she did say they were both dressed in extremely smart suits.

I think the doom and gloom people saying we aren't currently talking to possible managers may be wide of the mark.

Bailiff`s ? 

• Haha 1

I tweeted about it on 21st July. I was brought up in Zambia follow the Copper Bullets avidly so I do know a bit about him. He won AFCON with us when we were largely unfancied beating Ivory Coast in the Final he then moved to the Ivorians and won it with them too. He is just the kind of leftfield coach Mr Chansiri could pull out of a D Taxi. He plays great football and he would be a better choice than some we are looking at.

·
21 Jul

just resigned as the coach of Morocco. Let me tell you he knows how to coach a football team winning #AFCON twice with Ivory Coast
@FIFCI_tweet and Zambia @FAZFootball go and get him @swfc
Edited by satellitekid
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

"Renard became manager of French club Lille in May 2015.[26] On 11 November 2015, he was sacked after getting only 13 points in 13 league games.""[27] 

There's no way we're not signing this guy. This sounds like an absolute car crash of an appointment waiting to happen.

Lille were an absolute train wreck at the time. They had Renard, Antonetti, Bielsa, Passi and others all in about a year. Bielsa nearly got them relegated I seem to remember he got 3 wins from his first 14 games. Then he went to Leeds. He's done Ok there I reckon.