The lack of shirt sponsor

4 hours ago, Smog said:

Could it be we’ve had some involvement from PaddyPower that hasn’t been announced yet?

They’ve “unsponsored” Huddersfield (after the PR stunt), then today announced the same with Motherwell. 

Just a thought. They could even jump on the “Don’t worry Ashley, we’ll pay them the money you owe for stealing their manager”  bandwagon. I know betting companies aren’t always people’s cup of tea, but it’s certainly possible. 

What the f*ck are you talking about with paddy power? Itll be because he wants to push them out earlier to fans , adding a sponsor would have taken abit longer.

What a pointless thread that was.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
21 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Wel get to christmas with no sponsor,and sell shed loads of new shirts,only to magically get a shirt sponsor intime for the biggest commercial ripoff time of year.

By the way Merry Christmas everybody x

Ya miserable fit!:biggrin:

Any other sponsor wouldn't be happy about shirts being sold without their company name on. As it's Chansiri he won't care. He can still put in the full amount. It may also be the case that without a sponsor the shirts are cheaper to produce, giving us a bigger mark up and more money in. 

They look mint without the sponsor. Had some pig fans begrudgingly tell me how nice our shirt was. They didn't like the away one but nobody does. 

1 hour ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Don't want to be part of a betting company's publicity stunt.

I'll never buy a shirt if it advertises a betting company (or pay day loan come to that).

I want to buy the shirt, can't afford it until I've settled back in Sweden in October so whether I buy one later depends who the sponsor will be, would have loved a sponsor free one but can't right now at 60 + 10 for delivery.

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Is it just me who prefers shirts without sponsors on.

I think alot do. Depends on how the sponsor fits with the shirt. 

Personally loved the kit with the children hospital sponsor. 

Adore this one without. 

13 hours ago, Smog said:

Could it be we’ve had some involvement from PaddyPower that hasn’t been announced yet?

They’ve “unsponsored” Huddersfield (after the PR stunt), then today announced the same with Motherwell. 

Just a thought. They could even jump on the “Don’t worry Ashley, we’ll pay them the money you owe for stealing their manager”  bandwagon. I know betting companies aren’t always people’s cup of tea, but it’s certainly possible. 

I know that we were in the running with William Hill for shirt sponsor, so PP wouldn’t be out of the question in regards to what the club think about being associated with gambling. 

13 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

What the f*ck are you talking about with paddy power? Itll be because he wants to push them out earlier to fans , adding a sponsor would have taken abit longer.

What a pointless thread that was.

Not get any action last night or something??

Blimey ....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Just bought me and the lad one 

I think DC is finally getting it the shirt is traditional Wednesday but the block design is a nice modern touch and it’s spot on without a sponsor 

ps. I love the away shirt too 

Did you get the socks pal?

On 22/07/2019 at 20:55, TheEnchanter said:

Did I imagine that the club said they were releasing this unsponsored version first before eventually selling ones with the Chansiri sponsor on. I'm sure they said that. 

You didn't Imagine it.