Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, modboy said:

No brainer on a free 

Would prefer we do deals with brain engaged. Hopefully then we won't end up with crap like Duffy. 

At United the sum was greater than its parts.

They didn’t have great players but put together by a very good manager they made a very effective team, individually though they didn’t have great players.

Hence the reason the worlds greatest midfielder Paul Coutts now plays at Fleetwood. As the team breaks up expect the majority of their players to slip back down through the divisions to their natural level, the likes of Fleck, “Bashambaure”, Baldock, Egan, McGoaldrought, Sharp and Stevens will all be playing for lower end Championship sides or in League 1 within the next 18 months to 2 years.

As for Duffy coming to Hillsborough? No thanks, he’s not fit to lace Forestieri’s boots.

To be fair, in their first season back in the championship coutts was their engine that ran everything. He then suffered that horrific leg break at Burton and utd fell apart due to his absence. 

The following season wilder recognised the dependency on the likes of coutts and strengthened his team accordingly. So well in fact that coutts couldn't get back in.

It's exactly the type of thing that our past couple of managers (Bruce aside) have totally failed to do. 

IMHO there are a lot on here letting their anti blunt bias cloud their judgement.

Whenever I have seen the blunts play over the last couple of years he is the player who has always made them tick , has very good feet , can pick a pass and (as Van Aken can testify) can finish.   My blunt supporting workmate is gutted that they are letting him go.

Don't get me wrong ,  in an ideal world where we can sign who we want unhindered I would say no , but if as appears we are working under stringent parameters then we could do a hell of a lot worse than offer him a years contract.

I know Guru will see his age and explode with rage ha ha and a young loanee would be more forward thinking but as the Mc Eachran trial would suggest we don't currently have the pulling power of many others in this division.

Edited by sheriwozgod

19 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

IMHO there are a lot on here letting their anti blunt bias cloud their judgement.

Whenever I have seen the blunts play over the last couple of years he is the player who has always made them tick , has very good feet , can pick a pass and (as Van Aken can testify) can finish.   My blunt supporting workmate is gutted that they are letting him go.

Don't get me wrong ,  in an ideal world where we can sign who we want unhindered I would say no , but if as appears we are working under stringent parameters then we could do a hell of a lot worse than offer him a years contract.

I know Guru will see his age and explode with rage ha ha and a young loanee would be more forward thinking but as the Mc Eachran trial would suggest we don't currently have the pulling power of many others in this division.

far,far superior to Mceachran,made us look stupid when he played against us,good player

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

At United the sum was greater than its parts.

They didn’t have great players but put together by a very good manager they made a very effective team, individually though they didn’t have great players.

Hence the reason the worlds greatest midfielder Paul Coutts now plays at Fleetwood. As the team breaks up expect the majority of their players to slip back down through the divisions to their natural level, the likes of Fleck, “Bashambaure”, Baldock, Egan, McGoaldrought, Sharp and Stevens will all be playing for lower end Championship sides or in League 1 within the next 18 months to 2 years.

As for Duffy coming to Hillsborough? No thanks, he’s not fit to lace Forestieri’s boots.

So, staying at Utd then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

if he has a year left then surely he stays there 4 a year ,any player pushing 34 would like a year in the premier league why would u work hard  for 9 months and get there then have it taken away? give this a miss thanks. let him have his year with them and then watch them next may get relegated . 

We can't sign him because he played for the other lot.

He could be Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar all rolled into one, but some of our 'true fans' would never want him because of the SUFC connection.

He'd have no fee and be reasonble on wages. Played in a floating role behind the front 2 he'd be very effective in the Championship and a great option off the bench but sadly it won't happen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

When was the last time we signed a former united player ? 

They seem to do it more often.

id have Duffy here for a year but won’t happen

Only  once since the war have  we signed a player direct from the blunts and he never made a 1st team appearance for us ..  

21 hours ago, Tudders said:

Mark Duffy just been told he isn’t having his contract renewed.

I personally think he’s a good Championship player. 

Would obviously get him on a free.

Taking off the blue and white specs, I think he’s worth trying to get on a 12 month deal.

Duffy the pig?

Forever tainted

Move on

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

He has a year left but he's been told he'll have limited opportunities in the first team, there are at least 2 players ahead of him now, so unless we go with 1 up top and 2 AM's, he might not even make the bench for us. So he's reached mutual agreement with Wilder that if he gets the chance of regular first team football, he can go.

Just to give you an idea of what he can do for those who say they don't know who he is, check the linked video out at 8 mins 39 seconds. 

https://youtu.be/2TPg-TcL00k