Where are we currently - Embargo/Manager/Team/Recruitment

Its been an interesting few weeks to say the least and with very little information coming out of the club or even strong rumours there seems to be a bit of a void as to where we are.

Embargo

Its still not clear if we are under some sort of embargo.  This is and having no manager is fundamentally affecting our recruitment and ability to improve and strengthen.   We appear to have dealt with the FFP issue and that should have released the embargo but not even journalists are aware if we are or are not under it.  Its odd we have been allowed to recruit and re sign some players.   If embargo was being enforced this would not have been allowed the squad is/was big enough to cover.

Manager

We have been managerless for 2 weeks or so and as we are all aware this is not ideal.   But what is interesting is no one including so called ITK journalist have any clue what is a happening.  DC has it locked down tighter than a pair of nuns legs.  My gut instinct and I know nothing is that we will have a surprise in place by this weekend.

Team

I am not too unhappy where we are.  the 3 new players and the re signings have given us a bit extra.   We could do with a CB yes and perhaps get rid of 1 striker (winall) but i have a feeling KH could be a star and this is the bit extra we needed.

Recruitment

Difficult without a manager, if SB had stayed would we have signed Hector??   We could do with him as a leader.   Whats odd is he hasn't gone anywhere else and is training with u23s and still very much in touch with owls players including Bullen.   We could do with 2 further players another rapid winger and a CM.  We don't even know if Doyen are still about advising (hope no).

I think this week will be pivotal but actually think we have a strong squad that under performed last year and with the tweaks that have happened we will finish top 6.  If we can add more well I think we can be there or there abouts. 

• Like 1

Yep, It's preseason at Sheffield Wednesday. This happens. Squad is fine, team is fine, manager search ongoing, loans probably next, embargo? We just signed 3 footballers, i think we just can't spend a fortune, Which explains free transfers and like i say probably some loans. Roll on August 3rd.

48 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

Its been an interesting few weeks to say the least and with very little information coming out of the club or even strong rumours there seems to be a bit of a void as to where we are.

Embargo

Its still not clear if we are under some sort of embargo.  This is and having no manager is fundamentally affecting our recruitment and ability to improve and strengthen.   We appear to have dealt with the FFP issue and that should have released the embargo but not even journalists are aware if we are or are not under it.  Its odd we have been allowed to recruit and re sign some players.   If embargo was being enforced this would not have been allowed the squad is/was big enough to cover.

Manager

We have been managerless for 2 weeks or so and as we are all aware this is not ideal.   But what is interesting is no one including so called ITK journalist have any clue what is a happening.  DC has it locked down tighter than a pair of nuns legs.  My gut instinct and I know nothing is that we will have a surprise in place by this weekend.

Team

I am not too unhappy where we are.  the 3 new players and the re signings have given us a bit extra.   We could do with a CB yes and perhaps get rid of 1 striker (winall) but i have a feeling KH could be a star and this is the bit extra we needed.

Recruitment

Difficult without a manager, if SB had stayed would we have signed Hector??   We could do with him as a leader.   Whats odd is he hasn't gone anywhere else and is training with u23s and still very much in touch with owls players including Bullen.   We could do with 2 further players another rapid winger and a CM.  We don't even know if Doyen are still about advising (hope no).

I think this week will be pivotal but actually think we have a strong squad that under performed last year and with the tweaks that have happened we will finish top 6.  If we can add more well I think we can be there or there abouts. 

I'm kinda guessing we'll be in the same position when the season starts, DC doesn't seem to react that quickly. Really hope I'm wrong

The club could really do with communicating something to the fans. I was really hopeful for this season, now I'm getting less sure.

I think under a 'soft embargo' which was the term used, you can replace players that leave, as long as no fee is paid out and wage budget doesn't increase. I'm not sure where I got that info from but read it somewhere. It could be wrong but makes some sense of what we've done and how we signed 3 (after releasing a few).

Bullen I think will do an OK job for the time he's in charge but worry that if things start going wrong it could be a quick spiral. 

I'd love DC to sort this sooner rather than risk another bad start to a season.

Who knows?

54 minutes ago, striker said:

Embargo - presumably still soft

Manager - None 

Team - largely the same as previous years. Competitive starting 11, but no quality strength in depth, despite a huge squad.

Recruitment- stalled, see above

Could shuffle these round if you wanted to, it would still make sense:

Embargo - largely the same as previous years

Manager - stalled, see above

Team - presumably still soft

Recruitment- None 

• Haha 2

The league don't buy £60 million ground valuation - from £23 million 3 years ago - so soft embargo stays.

Which means top new player wage (gross) of £600,000 per annum (£11,500 per week or chicken feed). 

Resulting in dodgy free transfers or loans from other clubs (where we are losing more credibility every day now). 

What annoys me about the Embargo..whether it be soft, hard..or even semi erect..is...

Don't the EFL have a duty towards supporters....even if the club don't?

You have supporters shelling cash out...dunno whether they are going to get  new signings...don't know whether their club is allowed?

How is that fair?

I know, like myself, the vast majority will buy them..if affordable..but what about yer casual Wednesday  fan who just wants to see football at a fair price?

Should he not be informed..by the EFL, whether his money is being spent in vain?

Edited by asteener1867