So not a big Brucie bonus?

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

8A381F82-31A2-44C2-8E43-E0912D2C5F2E.png

B8AF4DE4-1A14-4954-832C-E06EE8AF458D.png

So 1 example. 

5 days before the new coach came in. For all we know, he may have approved that signing. 

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrell. 

5 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If Bruce had informed DC on Friday that he was going as the compensation clause had been met, why did he not say that after the Lincoln match rather than saying it  was up to the clubs to come to a compromise suggesting the deal was not in fact done. 

The club hadn’t accepted his resignation at that point which is why he ended up bailing on the Monday.

Just now, SiJ said:

So 1 example. 

5 days before the new coach came in. For all we know, he may have approved that signing. 

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrell. 

You asked for an example.

Come on, we know Chansiri’s approach. If there’s a player he likes he will bring him in even without a manager in place. Do you really think Carlos wanted Abdi, Emanuelson, McGugan? Stuart Gray had never heard of Sergiu Bus and Felipe Melo when they were signed - the bloke told this to a group of us in person. 

The chairman has done it before so why are people acting surprised if this happens again? This isn’t a dig before you pull that card out. I think the possibility of getting players from Newcastle in exchange for Bruce would be great business. I’d like Colback and Aarons to join. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Come on, we know Chansiri’s approach. If there’s a player he likes he will bring him in even without a manager in place. Do you really think Carlos wanted Abdi, Emanuelson, McGugan? Stuart Gray had never heard of Sergiu Bus and Felipe Melo when they were signed - the bloke told this to a group of us in person. 

The chairman has done it before so why are people acting surprised if this happens again? This isn’t a dig before you pull that card out. I think the possibility of getting players from Newcastle in exchange for Bruce would be great business. I’d like Colback and Aarons to join. 

I think there's a difference between imposing players on a manager and parking them on behalf of agents. 

Emanuelson was clearly parked on behalf of Doyen or someone else. Wouldn't surprise me if Carlos was complicit in that particular deal...

Anyway, both approaches are stupid. 

And, if we are trying to blackmail Newcastle re: the loans, then we may not have a leg to stand on if this whole thing ends up going through the courts. 

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To me it all smacks of a Chairman learning the arts ..Ive been a critic and I still think his pricing policy is ridiculous...recruitment at times has been apalling...but here he still is, and to be fair to him, he faces it...

He is quite prepared to face down fans, listen to fans...he by no means will roll over, but he lets fans have a say..When he could honestly just ignore us.

This latest thing with Bruce..No-one could have foreseen...and it left Chansiri in a cleft stick...Drag it out and go into the new season with everything hanging over us..or sort it as quickly as possible and get the season on track under a new regime.

Its hardly ideal for a Chairman, its hardly ideal for the players..and its total utter.................... "here we f.ookin' go again" from Owls fans.

Its Ok Sally in the above post saying getting players from Newcastle is great business.. but the f.ookin' caveat...

"I want so and so and so and so".

....is patently ridiculous from a football supporter!!

I'm sure we will try and get the best deal we can...It would have been self defeating to put Bruce on gardening leave, cos it gets us nowt bar revenge....Thats not going to take us up...It simply means we can snicker up our sleeves at the two faced f.ooker...Its a laugh until the season starts..after that...Who wins?

The Geordie landlord said to me we don't want him, he's poo 

i said well we didn't want to lose him but the compo will help ... The arrogant barcode said we've paid nothing he's resigned it's a smart move (despite seconds earlier slagging Bruce off) so I said well someone's paying something because Bruce doesn't walk away without some form of recompense 

I lived in Newcastle for 15 years ... They're completely deluded

disagree all you like @Whitechapel Owl

Whatever the case, we can hardly blame DC for trying to get more money if we believe it is due.

Whether it's a million or 2 million more, that's a damn big amount of money that could make or break a key player joining.

So for the sake of a few days of chasing/negotiation I'm pretty comfortable with it given we'll have continuity with Bullen and the existing players either way.

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Just get Holloway in, he wants to come, and could jump in the car to S6 now.

Then just move on ASAP FFS.

We have a season to get ready for and don’t need distractions.

I suspect he'd crawl here over broken glass the way he talks about us!