So not a big Brucie bonus?

This is ill informed article to say the least it is widely reported settlement for Bruce was £3 million and that was agreed. the dispute was in regard to his assistants where no money has been paid. Interestingly no comment is made in this article regarding compensation for those players and I think the world has no moved on since this article was written. Telegraph is not what it used to be trying to spin a bit of good news for Ashley to show he has not been taken to cleaners.

Not followed everything.

Thought it was reported yesterday, that they'd offered money + 4 players on loan?

Why would they do that if they'd already met his release clause?

The other 2 Steves wouldn't merit such an offer surely.

Bit of PR porkies this latest article.

32 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Yes that’s what the bell end told us on the Saturday in his disrespectful interview after the Lincoln match.

so if he’d already informed the club on the Friday, why the f u ck was he allowed to manage us the next day?

whole thing stinks 

Doesn't add up does it.

If he knew he was going, and knew they'd met his release clause, he wouldn't be still managing Friendlies (went to both didn't he?) and telling Reporters that it was up to the clubs to compromise!

You don't compromise if there's a clause and it's been met.

7 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I was in a boozer tonight with a Geordie landlord ... he made me realise me how much I loath the self entitled won fizz all north eastern fools 

I lived there for 4 years. Dreadful place and deluded fans.

52 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Yes that’s what the bell end told us on the Saturday in his disrespectful interview after the Lincoln match.

so if he’d already informed the club on the Friday, why the f u ck was he allowed to manage us the next day?

whole thing stinks 

It's called propaganda and Newcastle are doing everything to deflect any criticism,don't fall for it

9 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Unfortunately, this side of the story seems so much more typical of 'Chansiri' / 'Wednesday' than those stories that have come before it...

We sound desperate... and a bit embarrassing frankly.

Just move on and appoint a new manager - Bullen, Holloway, whoever - and concentrate on promotion.

This could drag on for weeks, maybe months.

You would sooner believe their chairman rather than your own it's you that's embarrassing

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Just get Holloway in, he wants to come, and could jump in the car to S6 now.

Then just move on ASAP FFS.

We have a season to get ready for and don’t need distractions.

Do this..... and beg, steal or borrow a solid central midfielder an we'll be reyt as a cart....

The only things we know are what the directly involved parties have said in public:

SB - after the Lincoln game, he said he'd asked and received permission from DC to speak to NUFC earlier in that week. Last Thursday at his first NUFC press conference he confirmed he'd handed in his notice on Monday last week, and essentially 'walked out' and took over at NUFC.

NUFC - official announcement on the OS on Wednesday SB had joined them as manager on a 3-yr deal.

SWFC - only comment was the press release on OS also on Wednesday, presumably in response to NUFC's statement, in which it said,' Regardless of the fact that the staff resigned from their positions with the Club on Monday, there remains outstanding legal issues to be resolved between the club and the staff and Newcastle United. The Club is currently considering its position and taking the appropriate legal advice.

Everything else appears to be conjecture based on journos piecing stuff together.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Boring. I’m just saying our manager and his advisor will sign players without having a manager in place.

Based on what...

If you can give examples of us having signed players, with no manager in place, then we are all ears...

10 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Unfortunately, this side of the story seems so much more typical of 'Chansiri' / 'Wednesday' than those stories that have come before it...

We sound desperate... and a bit embarrassing frankly.

Just move on and appoint a new manager - Bullen, Holloway, whoever - and concentrate on promotion.

This could drag on for weeks, maybe months.

You haven't heard our side of the story yet because we aren't saying anything officially or leaking stories to the press but you are happy to criticise the club on information provided to the press by the other side.

What is embarrassing is people being willing to take the side of everyone else but the club they support. I'm not saying we are right but I don't know any facts to say we are wrong either.

do

I agree we need to concentrate on the start of the season and appointing a new manager but there's no reason the things are mutually exclusive.

• Like 1