Sam Hutchinson injured again

I love the judgement on the tackle and subsequent requests to kick Hutch out of SWFC by a bunch of internet weirdos who haven’t actually seen the tackle in question.

How many times did Hutch get sent off last season?

Infact, how many yellows did he get?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I love the judgement on the tackle and subsequent requests to kick Hutch out of SWFC by a bunch of internet weirdos who haven’t actually seen the tackle in question.

Same old faces sharpening knives for Sam.Injured or not they move in to stick the boot in. 

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Palmer could fill the def midfield role.

Don't think palmer would be any better than joey there, we need a box to box man who gets goals as well, you know like gerrard or lampard (in our dreams)

On 22/07/2019 at 06:25, happy bunny said:

Anybody seen what actually happened here?

Probably not no - but this is Hutchinson thats been mentioned and this is owlstalk where most of the posters on here love a negaitive cyncical post.

Ship the bugger out (even though they've not seen whats happened!)

13 hours ago, McRightSide said:

5 yellows in 27 games according to soccer base

3 yc in 9 games season before

10 yc and 2 rc in 2017/2018

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Same old faces sharpening knives for Sam.Injured or not they move in to stick the boot in. 

I am afraid we have seen enough red mist to worry deeply about whether he is anything more than a sub. You cannot unit him staying fir=t and his tackling is appalling most of the time. Last chance might be to put him at cb, but he needs a strong threatening manager to keep him terrified of stepping out of line ....minimum

20 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I am afraid we have seen enough red mist to worry deeply about whether he is anything more than a sub. You cannot unit him staying fir=t and his tackling is appalling most of the time. Last chance might be to put him at cb, but he needs a strong threatening manager to keep him terrified of stepping out of line ....minimum

Check last seasons results when he wasnt playing and then when he was. This myth of his poor disciplinary record doesnt hold true. He is the best defensive midfielder at the club unless you know better. Sub for who Joey , dont make me laugh.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Do you mean Hutch’s tackle was a leg breaker? I’ve not seen the video, can you share the link please.

I don't.  I can read though and some of the the reactions to if the challenge did 'bust the guy's leg' are pathetic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sw1867 said:

So you have based your opinion on random comments and not formed your own.

I’ve not read every comment on the tackle but I don’t recall any that are pleased the other player has been injured. Quite the opposite, people wishing him well.

My point however related to people hanging Hutch with little to no evidence (common trend if the FA treatment of FF is anything to go by) and not on strange comments wishing ill on another player. 

I know what your point is and your going to say it even though it's not what I posted about.

There are several comments on this 3 page thread that you can't be arsed to read all of, that  are flippant about leg breaking tackles. Not on imo.

41 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

I agree and have said so, leg breaking tackles aren’t on. I don’t think anyone on this thread has been flippant about it if you understand the context of how they are said and that this is owlstalk and not somewhere a comment is scrutinised to the degree you are doing.

I thought your main point was that Hutchinson’s challenge was akin to the career ending challenges on Knight and Nolan. Apologies if this wasn’t what you were referring to.

It may well have been a shocking challenge, I was simply seeking the clip so I could make up my own mind before castigating an excellent ball winning midfielder.

Most impartial views of the tackle are that it was a 50/50 ball there to be won.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Too much of a liability, I know all the fans who love his pashun will hate me for saying it but we can't keep paying him when he's always injured or suspended,  remember he didn't last long v QPR.

10th most minutes in squad last season. 5 yellows, no reds. No suspensions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Klatslwo said:

10th most minutes in squad last season. 5 yellows, no reds. No suspensions. 

That includes a 3 month lay off imposed by dross. So he would have been higher up than that in reality without that mistake. Cant stop the haters and bandwagon jumpers on here though with stats and facts.Were they think we are getting the money from to replace him is another question. 

Edited by ZicoSterland2

Guest Kameron

Our midfield wasn't good enough 4 years ago and still isn't today.  It lacks pace and strength, we'll not be promoted until this is addressed.

Not going to troll through all the pages about the tackle but had a good view of it.Firstly the lad was a huge unit and if he came storming in I think most would have thought sod that, he can have the ball,it was in a nothing area with nowt important about winning the ball back.The big lad came flying in but slipped,Hutch looked like he was taking evasive action but the lads momentum took him through Hutch and a very big collision was the result,it looked like a shin to shin clash in the end.In football parlance ,a football accident.

No players kick off about it at all,and I would add the pitch was heavily watered before the match and quite a few lost their footing.

On this occasion Hutch probably saved himself by reading the situation.

May I wish the lad a speedy recovery ,nobody wants to see serious injury to a player,and Kiel fans say it could be six months.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3