Jordan Thorniley?

4 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I know what you mean. If it is that then great: means he's not going through something negative.

But I can see some questions about why you'd miss pre-season for that.

For what FFS :duntmatter:

Guest Ash76
4 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

That guy, whomever he is, has stated that it won't affect his involvement in pre-season.

And nor should, I hope whoever that player is gets support from fans of all clubs he comes up against.

Forget it, found it. Apparently somebody in the second tier will publicly come out as gay. Not sure why that couldn't have just been written. Good on them whoever they are, although it's nobody's business

Edited by bigrbuk

8 hours ago, Spookone said:

For what FFS :duntmatter:

There is an account on Twitter called Gay Footballer. For weeks now the account has been purporting to be that of a Championship footballer who is about to come out as gay.

This supposed player reported that he had had a meeting with his manager and chairman to explain the situation which happened to coincide pretty closely to when Thornley left Portugal. Said he needed some time to decide exactly when to come out. Yesterday he released a tweet which simply read 24.7.19.

Personally I'm sceptical the player even exists. I mean of course there are gay players in every league but I'm not sure about the who anonymous twitter account idea. But if it is real then good luck to the guy. It is about time footballers felt confident enough to come out and I sincerely hope we live in a time when 99% of fellow professionals and fans wouldn't bat an eyelid and be happy for him.

Let me be clear, I'm not suggesting for one minute that said player is Thornley. I'm sure there are dozens of footballers on personal leave at any one time. But I kind of hope it is him. Surely this situation would be more positive than most reasons someone might need to take personal leave. Better than an illness to himself or a family member.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

If you want to discuss some other footballer, gay or otherwise, then maybe start another thread in the right section and just leave Thorniley to deal with whatever it is that he has to.

In fairness I only answered the questions that were asking what someone else was referring to.

I also pointed out that I doubted the two situations were in any way related. Made it clear I wasn't even speculating they were.

1 minute ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

In fairness I only answered the questions that were asking what someone else was referring to.

I also pointed out that I doubted the two situations were in any way related. Made it clear I wasn't even speculating they were.

No worries, wasn’t really aimed at anyone. and you clarified what the whole thing was about. Just then seemed like a good point to leave it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Personal issues, hope he can resolve them because as it stands he's probably our 3rd best option behind Lees and Borner. Then we are relying on Van Aken coming in and doing a job and he's not shown he's capable as of yet. Then again maybe Iorfa will be playing centre back this season.

How do you know hes behind Borner? He could be absolute gash for all we know!

So had a family event and will meet with the team back in the UK after Germany trip. End of. I like him and i think if we just let him have a run in the team with Lees he will be really good. Competition will be on though with Borner and Iorfa competing for places too. With Palmer, Moses, Baker, Penney covering full back slots we look well set in defence so will be hard to break in.