Just now, NorfolkNChance said:

If it involves players it may indicate that Bullen is staying.

Nixon’s info is pretty good, he’s a massive diva though. Was threatening his followers last night that if they also followed a fake Nixon account he was going to block them. 

Not sure  there was a rumour we were after players as part of the original negotiations 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I suppose there's a logic that if they were players Bruce was already trying to get in then the decision was made when we has a manager.

Which, if true, would probably make Bullen favourite for the job

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not sure we need Aarons anymore now that we have Harris.

Harris looks handy on either side. Good options if we had Harris, Reach, Aarons and FF.

I liked the look of Aarons. I'd happily have him back. We can't really afford finished articles so he's the kind of player we need to take a chance on rather than the likes of Boyd.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

True, but we need cover in  case of injuries. 

Harris and Reach our only wide players and if Harris is out we've lost our pace out of the team. Need cover IMO. 

Both Aarons and Lazaar attack minded and quick.  

I get your point but we don’t want to fall into the trap of the squad becoming too big again, I think it still needs trimming a bit.

As for the wide positions, we have Reach, Harris, Odubajo, Forestieri and Penney who could all cover there. Not saying it’s their primary position but I don’t think it’s a priority for us right now.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, torres said:

In his piece in the paper it suggests up to 4 players on loan 

Can you post a pic of the article? 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Harris looks handy on either side. Good options if we had Harris, Reach, Aarons and FF.

I liked the look of Aarons. I'd happily have him back. We can't really afford finished articles so he's the kind of player we need to take a chance on rather than the likes of Boyd.

Aarons, Like Harris, is a winger who doesn’t score goals. With a centre forward, who also doesn’t score goals, where are the goals going to come from?

4 minutes ago, torres said:

In his piece in the paper it suggests up to 4 players on loan 

How many loan players are allowed in a match day squad?

If true then I think either Bullen has got the job or an extended spell as caretaker is on the cards.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I get your point but we don’t want to fall into the trap of the squad becoming too big again, I think it still needs trimming a bit.

As for the wide positions, we have Reach, Harris, Odubajo, Forestieri and Penney who could all cover there. Not saying it’s their primary position but I don’t think it’s a priority for us right now.

Absolutely agree, the squad needs trimming. 

Don't agree re wide options, could do a job, but think we need better than that. 

If we can get players in from Newcastle on a peppercorn salary contribution and move some out, would be good business IMO. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Which, if true, would probably make Bullen favourite for the job

I think he probably is. Looking at it in a bit of a ruthless manner, you never k ow who's going to become available over the first few months on the season.

If we give but Bullen and we got the ground running it's a good decision. If we start poorly better options may become available that aren't there now.

Example- If Burnley were to start poorly I'm sure Dyche would be someone we'd be very interested in if he got the bullet.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Aarons, Like Harris, is a winger who doesn’t score goals. With a centre forward, who also doesn’t score goals, where are the goals going to come from?

Reach, FF, Fletcher, Joao, Lee, Bannan.

65 goals a season just across those 6 imo.

9 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I suppose there's a logic that if they were players Bruce was already trying to get in then the decision was made when we has a manager.

The only no brainer is Dwight Gayle, but they are not awash with Strikers. Maybe they would take Joao and Rhodes in exchange?

lol

13 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

If it is players on loan that suggests Bullen is getting the job....

:duntmatter:

It was reported Newcastle said no to our request, so would imagine it is a little bit more cash to bring the dispute to a close!

Think if it was more cash i think Nixon would have just said that Newcastle had upped the offer but he says they have offered a deal.

Edited by jack whitham