Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

 

If Rowett comes in here then Winnall's position may change as he's worked with him before?

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gurujuan said:

I’ll again point to the signing of Hector, by Jos of all people

 

In hindsight he's been amazing but funnily enough when we signed him Hull fans thought he was rubbish, he'd been on loan about 13 times and no one on here was excited. He wasn't a hot property defender. In my opinion we finally got some luck that one of our signings worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Did you think Hector would be the success he was when he signed?

 

Absolutely I did, that why I was championing him Strangely though, I’d wanted him signed as a defensive midfielder though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciaran Clark

Lazaar

Colback

Saivet

Aarons

Gayle

Matty Longstaff

Darlow

 

Only ones I could think of, they’ve got a relatively small squad, a poor one at that, with no signings as of yet. 

 

Clark wouldn’t be bad, did well at this level, and CB seems to be there strongest position.

 

Colback is good at this level, did well at forest, quite a big player as well to be fair. 

 

Quite liked Aaron’s, if he didn’t have his injury woes, he’d be a cracking signing. 

 

Gayle, obviously a cracking player at championship level - but I think he’s there only striker, although they’ve been trying Murphy there. 

 

Matty Longstaff might be worth a punt, younger brother of Sean and might be wanting a chance to prove himself. Highly rated at Newcastle. 

 

Edited by ItzzOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Rhodes is the obvious one, but Winnall probably also surplus to requirements and can generate a fee.

 

Unless of course there is interest in Joao?

 

Reach is the one I can see Bruce possibly coming back for if they get desperate but i'd think they'd initially be trying for better.

 

 

Still personally don't have any confidence that we will sell anyone. It's lile Chansiri can't do it and won't do it. Weird as fizz really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

In hindsight he's been amazing but funnily enough when we signed him Hull fans thought he was rubbish, he'd been on loan about 13 times and no one on here was excited. He wasn't a hot property defender. In my opinion we finally got some luck that one of our signings worked. 

Yes I remember, but that was more about sour grapes. I’d seen quite a bit of him, he could play midfield , or defence, was imposing, a leader, and could be surprisingly good on the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

It would be funny if we had the loan players longer than they had SB as manager.

 

Highly likely if they're season long loan deals, can't see Newcastle staying up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

Still personally don't have any confidence that we will sell anyone. It's lile Chansiri can't do it and won't do it. Weird as fizz really.

Another year loan it is then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gurujuan said:

Yes I remember, but that was more about sour grapes. I’d seen quite a bit of him, he could play midfield , or defence, was imposing, a leader, and could be surprisingly good on the ball

 

The original point was that its hard to sign top players on loan in our position. You can point to Hector but the truth is he wasn't really of that much interest to other clubs and he was one of only 2 signings we made last summer. So we must have put all our eggs into the basket to get him and onomah for the season. Well this year we needed at least 6 signings so it probably dilutes the quality we get unless we have someone decent with contacts and negotiation to get them. Thats the truth, its not football manager and we are behind a lot of championship clubs in the pecking order. Thankfully we are also ahead of a lot too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

And yet he is still writing the £4M figure today plus extras. Be interested if you could provide some information in respect of the more reliable sources that say otherwise.

 

Well there’s the local journalists for a start so you can have a look for them.

 

Believe who you want. But it isn’t as high as 4m.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

 

Well there’s the local journalists for a start so you can have a look for them.

 

Believe who you want. But it isn’t as high as 4m.

 

Think I’d take Nixon over most of our local journos 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great deal if true.....................Get D C to sort out Brexit...................the EU have to pay US £39bn...AND we get Barnier & Tusk as tea-lads for Boris's new cabinet....AND Merkel as cleaner................sorted !!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming a low wage contribution, I'd be very very happy with Colback and Lazaar.

Could do with another left back (native left footer), and then with Colback he would add to our CDM pool of Hutch and Pelupessy. That'd do the trick IMO. Then it's just one or two showstopper signings to kick us on to the next level, then HMS here we go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

 

Think I’d take Nixon over most of our local journos 

 

When it suits people to they will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Great deal if true.....................Get D C to sort out Brexit...................the EU have to pay US £39bn...AND we get Barnier & Tusk as tea-lads for Boris's new cabinet....AND Merkel as cleaner................sorted !!

 

That's sorted?  Sounds horrific 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, debram said:

Someone would have to go in that case, it would put up the wage bill tremendous ly, pie in the sky though imo.

Surely the deal would be for Newcastle to cover the majority if not all of the wages

 

They owe us money, so instead of cold hard cash we get players for next to nothing 

 

Win win for all parties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely take Aarons back on a season long loan, ncl pay full wages and a loan fee to us for taking him :dry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

The original point was that its hard to sign top players on loan in our position. You can point to Hector but the truth is he wasn't really of that much interest to other clubs and he was one of only 2 signings we made last summer. So we must have put all our eggs into the basket to get him and onomah for the season. Well this year we needed at least 6 signings so it probably dilutes the quality we get unless we have someone decent with contacts and negotiation to get them. Thats the truth, its not football manager and we are behind a lot of championship clubs in the pecking order. Thankfully we are also ahead of a lot too. 

OK, yes it is more difficult to sign decent players on loan in January, I agree Maybe we had to take a chance on Lazaar and Aarons, and sadly it backfired. So now, when it isn’t January, and we’ve already been burnt, why the hell would we go back and do it again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murphy would be perfect for what we need, but he & Gayle are too valuable for freebie loans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...