Thierry Henry

Why am I not surprised that Owls Talk goes all spunkypants over a manager who has proven nothing in management, whilst at the same time, some, but not those with more nouse, belittle a successful Championship manager with two promotions to the Premier League on his CV?

Great player, but nothing to suggest he will be a good manager.

Stability, and continuity is what we need, not a manager capable of losing the dressing room.

3 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Clearly never going to happen, but if I could choose between Monk, Pulis, Megson etc and Henry (with a steady assistant - Stuart Gray?) I would give Henry a go every time. It could potentially transform the club, sometimes it’s good to dream!

It could transform the club just because Terry Henry was a great player? Doesn't mean snot in management. He lasted no time at all at Monaco and has no record of success managing to suggest he's anything other than someone who babbles away on sky sports every weekend.

19 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

It could transform the club just because Terry Henry was a great player? Doesn't mean snot in management. He lasted no time at all at Monaco and has no record of success managing to suggest he's anything other than someone who babbles away on sky sports every weekend.

And boy can he babble, he never seems to have a clue what is going on

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

Well that won’t happen for sure with the likes of Pulis and Megson - Rowett looks to be best bet and that’s hardly inspirational. Like I said, it will never happen, but personally I think it’s time to move away from the usual suspects and try something different 

You are right, Henry’s status as a world class player means nothing in management, but with the right team around him (or anyone else of similar stature - only really citing Henry as an example) it might work. It would certainly give the club a bit of profile and potentially more clout when it comes to sponsorship / commercial deals.

We can’t afford to wait until someone is a proven success before we appoint them, and just because someone has struggled early in their career is no reason to write them off.