Our Online Shop

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I ordered the new home shirt online at about eight on Thursday evening and it's arrived in the post this morning.

By anybody's standards, that's impressive; well played Wednesday.

It seems our retail department are pulling out all the stops right now, so credit to them.

Likewise, I ordered mine on Thursday pm and the new shirt arrived today.  Fantastic service and a great shirt, well done Wednesday

• Like 2

Serious question to those ‘surprised’ it showed up with 2 days.

Is it because it’s Sheffield Wednesday you’re surprised? Or aren’t you used to things arriving promptly?

I ask this because with a delivery fee at what it is I’d expect next day or possibly day after. It’s good that the club has got them out fast and are improving, but the praise in this thread  makes it look like a miracle has been performed, when in reality it’s beeb the standard for most companies for years. 

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Is it because it’s Sheffield Wednesday you’re surprised? Or aren’t you used to things arriving promptly?

I ask this because with a delivery fee at what it is I’d expect next day or possibly day after. It’s good that the club has got them out fast and are improving, but the praise in this thread  makes it look like a miracle has been performed, when in reality it’s beeb the standard for most companies for years. 

Whenever I've ordered clothing online in the past, it's always taken longer than a working day between ordering and delivery. Just last Monday, I ordered a pair of shoes and they arrived on Friday - I was happy with that and it ties in with my usual experience of online shopping. Even when I've ordered things from Amazon it's usually taken longer than this Wednesday shirt to arrive. With me not ordering it until Thursday night, no way did I expect it to turn up the next day.

As I said earlier, maybe I've been shopping on the wrong sites! 

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whenever I've ordered clothing online in the past, it's always taken longer than a working day between ordering and delivery. Just last Monday, I ordered a pair of shoes and they arrived on Friday - I was happy with that and it ties in with my usual experience of online shopping. Even when I've ordered things from Amazon it's usually taken longer than this Wednesday shirt to arrive. With me not ordering it until Thursday night, no way did I expect it to turn up the next day.

As I said earlier, maybe I've been shopping on the wrong sites! 

Fair enough. I find if I choose free delivery it usually takes 4 days, occasionally a little less. If I pay £5+ it’ll be next day, 2 days max as they tend to use couriers and you’re paying that fee.

Main thing is everyone seems happy with the service. I rarely buy the shirts but I quite like this one. Would like to go to the store and try one on. Understandable, but I wish the shop was open to 6pm. Half tempted to order online, but I rarely trust any websites size guide.

58 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I held off ordering because I go to Majorca on Monday and I was worried it would turn up when I was away because of the SWFC comment (highlighted below)..

6D9A4407-CB89-497F-92D7-3FA6DF0E7D06.jpeg

I was was expecting that to mean a delivery of 5-6 days instead of the usual 2-3 days. 

Edited by Welsh76

Wow people really will find anything to get angry about. Man orders item and is happy with delivery time. End of. Great for them if happy. Why wee wee all over his parade with ‘actually I think you’ll find that instead of 36 hours, others deliver for cheaper and quicker, so there, showed you’. We aren’t amazon and things are getting  better. Only 13 days until we have something meaningful to debate. FOOTBALL!!!!

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

It's because our shop has historically been poo.

Whether it is product related or service related.

A few years ago I ordered 2 home shirts.

They sent me 1 home , 1 away. 

I took a screenshot of the order. So I had proof they fizzed it up.

I've trashed it (screenshot) since, but still ...

On an order before that they got the size wrong. 

Yes, they corrected their mistakes, but is that how you like for people do business?

18 hours ago, gbear05 said:

Well they charge £6 for delivery so that’s what I’d expect really. Don’t think it’s a positive! They don’t offer any cheaper

options or options to collect from anywhere apart from the megastore.

I’m all for being positive about the club but not on this one! 

What you have to realise is that we're essentially a small family run business, not amazon shipping out in excess of a million orders an hour. 

Took daughters 2 and 3 to the shop to get their home shirts and picked up an away for daughter 1 who is away at Uni. Great shirt's! Love them without a sponsor on. Was great to see the girls buzzing, and my wallet was substantially easier to carry home.

Every time I go to the store nowadays, I can't help thinking they should make the store into a reyt big Wednesday Tap and move the store somewhere smaller, like the current Tap. Good online service would support this too! If only I ruled the world...

50 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

What you have to realise is that we're essentially a small family run business, not amazon shipping out in excess of a million orders an hour. 

Already realise that mate, even tiny businesses run by a couple people offer better value for delivery. That’s what you fail to realise 

I ordered mine Thursday and it turned up sat, I was surprised because I'd also seen the comment on the website about taking a while for online. But it has to be said, £6 for delivery is next day delivery prices. I can't make Sheffield just to collect, so I basically had to call it a £65 football shirt. There should really be a second class delivery option, but then people would just whinge it takes too long. 

13 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

They are a small staff that work their arses off

They must have had a lot of orders

I expected my order to take 5 or 6 days

Give them a break

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

11 hours ago, pachyderm said:

It's because our shop has historically been poo.

Whether it is product related or service related.

A few years ago I ordered 2 home shirts.

They sent me 1 home , 1 away. 

I took a screenshot of the order. So I had proof they fizzed it up.

I've trashed it (screenshot) since, but still ...

On an order before that they got the size wrong. 

Yes, they corrected their mistakes, but is that how you like for people do business?

That was the question I was asking. So it’s because it’s been historically awful. That’s why there’s praise for a standard service. Fair enough. 

43 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They are a small staff that work their arses off

They must have had a lot of orders

I expected my order to take 5 or 6 days

Give them a break

Nowhere have I slagged off the current staff and made comments to make me think I need to ‘give them a break’. 

If anything they’ve clearly caught up with what should be the norm. 

I was asking a simple question as to why people were surprised that a simple job (I’ve done similar in the past) was getting done promptly and efficiently. Seems the answer is because we’ve been historically crap in this aspect. 

I’m glad we are getting better, but even with thousands of orders. It’s simple label printers, sticking to a bag, matching up products/sizes and getting them ready for a courier to collect. Unless we are using ancient methods, then I’d have sympathy for the staff. Nowadays computers do the complicated stuff for us in these jobs. 

Guest The Horse
1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Nowadays computers do the complicated stuff for us in these jobs. 

What do you think the computers do in our club shop?

We don't have a dedicated automated warehouse.

I'd bet a fair old chunk that the club shop works shirt orders something like this:

- List of orders for the day is printed off.

- Addresses are printed off.

- Doris, Mable and Fred package the shirts up out of the boxes, label them with the addresses and are are then ticked off against the list. Probably on a clipboard in Biro.

- Courier picks them up.

No magic computer that can sort the picking and distribution out all by itself.

Unless it's Bertha.

20190721_144803.png