Jump to content

The Witcher - Netflix


The Batman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just watched it all over the last couple of days.  Never heard of it before, never read the books.  That timeline above has helped, it took me while to realise it had changed.

 

Overall it’s seems a bit childlike at times, and a bit of a poor man’s Game of Thrones.  I’ll still probably watch the next one, it passes the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/12/2019 at 19:22, The Batman said:

Just started it.

 

First impressions are good...

 

He looks and sounds the part.

 

Helps that I know some of the characters and backstory.

 

Otherwise I think it would be hard to know what's going on and get into it.

 

 

 

Me and the mrs started this yesterday.  Most of the way through episode 2 I asked her if she'd got the first idea what was going on, she said no.  Glad it wasn't just me.  Given up with it.

 

It doesn't really feel like there's a story, just a weekly journey that will rinse and repeat with a set of new random characters each week.


Just not bothered...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/01/2020 at 14:21, Big Malc said:

Just watched it all over the last couple of days.  Never heard of it before, never read the books.  That timeline above has helped, it took me while to realise it had changed.

 

Overall it’s seems a bit childlike at times, and a bit of a poor man’s Game of Thrones.  I’ll still probably watch the next one, it passes the time.

Game of thrones season 5-8 is a poor mans game of thrones though sadly. 
 

Witcher season one imo was better than game of thrones after season 4 and I think it will go down as better than GoT when it ends. 
 

im really bitter about GoT

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

Game of thrones season 5-8 is a poor mans game of thrones though sadly. 
 

Witcher season one imo was better than game of thrones after season 4 and I think it will go down as better than GoT when it ends. 
 

im really bitter about GoT

 

So am I, so rushed, diluted and just overall sketchy.

 

Had the opportunity to go down as one of the best of all times but fell short IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tea Baggins said:

 

So am I, so rushed, diluted and just overall sketchy.

 

Had the opportunity to go down as one of the best of all times but fell short IMO

I thought it was gonna be my lotr or Harry Potter or Star Wars. 
 

I can’t even watch the old seasons now cus I know it’s not going anywhere. 
 

Olly killed more main characters than the night king or the actual white walkers, not the wights.

 

Samuel Tarly did.

 

Joffrey had more affect on the 7 kingdoms than the night king. 
 

I’d say... after Ramsey died, no point in watching it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Taz said:

I thought it was gonna be my lotr or Harry Potter or Star Wars. 
 

I can’t even watch the old seasons now cus I know it’s not going anywhere. 
 

Olly killed more main characters than the night king or the actual white walkers, not the wights.

 

Samuel Tarly did.

 

Joffrey had more affect on the 7 kingdoms than the night king. 
 

I’d say... after Ramsey died, no point in watching it. 

 Yeah the pinnacle of the show for me was the Battle of the B*stards. Ended after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Malc said:

New series is out on Netflix.  Anyone carried on with it?

 

Yeah, quite enjoying it.

 

People need to stop looking for 'the next GoT' and get on board with the fact that it's just daft campy fun based on a bunch of throwaway fantasy novels that I am assured are much better in their original Polish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...