2 Weeks...........Still so much to do

1 hour ago, Watto said:

The trouble fella is there are to many on here just happy to go along to the games, have a few pints, banter with mates etc but don't seem unduly concerned about where we are going as a club. You are correct there is very little info coming out of the club, the squad isn't good enough at present to finish top 6, we need a manager for sure and we need 3 or 4 players to fill in positions that have yet to be addressed, we also need to sell 3 or 4 aswell ie Winnall, Rhodes, Fox. 

We must be one of the most patient fan bases around, 20 years out of the top flight now but it's seems ok for Wednesday to be ambling about mid table for lots of people. 

Here's hoping we get the things I mentioned above before the transfer window shuts otherwise I see another tepid season treading water. 

WAWAW 

To get rid of the players you mention (and others) someone has to want them, we can't just bundle them into a weighted sack and chuck em in the Don. I want to see the club progress (although I hate what the top flight has become) but the exact reason I go to games is for the reasons you mention in the first line - and why not?

5 hours ago, ka58 said:

Should be a club bashing thread though.

Most of the concerns are brought about due to the complete absence of any decent communication to the fan base - it's a joke.

Yeah.

DC should publish a list of the top ten managers we want.

Then appoint the 11th.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

He did alright the last time he took over but he was awful the first time he took over, can you remember the game new years day we got pasted by Burton Albion.

Lee Bullen is a nice guy but he is not the answer, he does not have the experience or the ability to be a No1 and the only way we gets the job is if we are once again doing it on the cheap. Get an experience championship manager in, there are so many to pick from currently out of work. get rid of the strikers we don't need, get in a championship quality left back, central midfielder and right winger and maybe a pacey direct striker. 

But don't wait for it to happen, go out there and get it done, we are sleep walking into another season once again, where we are 1 or 2 injuries away from a crisis and yes we have been poo on by Bruce but we need to suck it up, move on take the compo and improve the team instead we seem to not be doing a great deal of anything. 2 weeks tomorrow first game of the season 3 weeks yesterday transfer window shut until January. We still haven't confirmed if Lee is staying or going. So currently only have Hutch, Bannan and Pelupessy as options.

I take it the FUD's Anonymous membership has elapsed...usual tripe just before the season starts as per

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That’s why, in the absence of a stand out candidate, there is no rush to appoint a permanent new manager From that list of things that need doing, a new manager taking over won’t really speed much else up On the contrary, he will be getting to know people, and then will need time to assess the squad, so that may well hinder recruitment. As was mentioned in the other thread, most of the issues will be dealt with by different departments, and most can run concurrently 

So how does recruitment work without a new manager ?  Is there a recruitment ‘team’ at the club ?  If so what did they do when Bruce was here ? Was he not in charge of recruitment 

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So how does recruitment work without a new manager ?  Is there a recruitment ‘team’ at the club ?  If so what did they do when Bruce was here ? Was he not in charge of recruitment 

One of the issues surrounding the departure of Bruce (according to Sky Sports) was that we wanted players as part of the compensation deal. 

(If true) I did wonder who was driving this as it does imply that someone is on the ball in respect of transfers.

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

One of the issues surrounding the departure of Bruce (according to Sky Sports) was that we wanted players as part of the compensation deal. 

(If true) I did wonder who was driving this as it does imply that someone is on the ball in respect of transfers.

Probably Paxo 

34 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The issue is it's very difficult to recruit when you don't know who the managers going to be, any manager would want a say in who he wants brought in.

2 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Find it a bit odd that you think with Bruce we could have maybe/might/could got 12 to 15 points from first 6 games,with pretty much the same 11 as last season (your words) but now we won't............., just because he ain't here...... Strange times. 

And yes, just to be honest, I do believe this club has moved forwards. 

No that's not what I said with no poo storm that happened we would have been looking to get a few out and use SB contacts to get in a few on loan probably from Man utd to give us strength where we lack it. 

Add to that the likely signing of hector and maybe a few leaving lie Joao, Rhodes we could have been looking good for August but now nothing will happen until we get a new manager and if Bullen gets it we will get no one in at all.

56 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I take it the FUD's Anonymous membership has elapsed...usual tripe just before the season starts as per

You really do talk some crap yourself but instead you just slagg others off.

Under you we get Bullen and god help us if he is made manager.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

You really do talk some crap yourself but instead you just slagg others off.

Under you we get Bullen and god help us if he is made manager.

I've said exactly what I think about where we are this season if you don't agree with me fair enough...you'd think that once being an important VIP at Hillsborough you might have picked up a few tips about the game itself

18 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

19 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Yeah.

DC should publish a list of the top ten managers we want.

Then appoint the 11th.

What did DC have to say about the situation again?

19 hours ago, Walt said:

They need to get on with it then, still need 3

Now, I never buy the Daily Mail ...but my mother, whose visiting at the moment, does, and I read a small article in there regarding Shelvey and another barcode brawling at a take away! Last paragraph states that we received £3.5million compo and an option to loan 4 of the barcodes players. Could this mean Aarons and Lazaar returning?( I know they make most stuff up in that Tory rag.)

Oh, and mother at 92 years young and really ought to know better than to buy the Mail every day...and she believes most of what they print...think she likes the racing form guideWTF:

Maybe we could loan Shearer? Or has he retired?

On 19/07/2019 at 12:55, Watto said:

The trouble fella is there are to many on here just happy to go along to the games, have a few pints, banter with mates etc but don't seem unduly concerned about where we are going as a club. You are correct there is very little info coming out of the club, the squad isn't good enough at present to finish top 6, we need a manager for sure and we need 3 or 4 players to fill in positions that have yet to be addressed, we also need to sell 3 or 4 aswell ie Winnall, Rhodes, Fox. 

We must be one of the most patient fan bases around, 20 years out of the top flight now but it's seems ok for Wednesday to be ambling about mid table for lots of people. 

Here's hoping we get the things I mentioned above before the transfer window shuts otherwise I see another tepid season treading water. 

WAWAW 

This isn't a computer game. You don't announce you want to sell a player and then get inundated with offers almost immediately. Rhodes, for example, is being paid enormously well for meagre returns for almost 4 years now. It would be a big risk for anyone taking him on in any capacity. The cost alone would limit the potential suitors and as far as we know only one club has expressed any kind of meaningful interest.

As for the information coming out of the club, some of you really need to stop being so entitled and needy. Do you think the club is really unaware of the recruitment issues and the rapidly approaching opening fixture? Is it likely that the embargo issue is something they have been apathetic about for the last couple of months? Has the legal action against Newcastle been taken with no idea what the implications might be? But what are they supposed to say that we can't logically infer anyway?