2 Weeks...........Still so much to do

The new season begins two weeks today and i am feeling strangely optimistic bearing in mind there are still so many unanswered questions......................the main one of course being who replaces the man with the face like a meringue in a microwave.

1. Who will be our new manager?............very little gossip on this front may indicate that LB will be given the reins which would be a mistake IMHO , this is a key appointment and i have a lot of sympathy for DC as Bruce has dropped him right in it.

2. Are we still under a soft embargo?....................again very little gossip on any incomings , is this because we are still hamstrung or are we waiting for the new manager?

, same applies for any potential outgoings.

3. Has Kieran Lee signed a new contract or are the club assessing his fitness before verifying.

4. No word yet on the Forestieri / Mansfield debacle

5. Also no official word on the ground sale and shirt sponsorship.

6. Compensation for the selfish  three amigos yet to be sorted , hopefully this doesn`t drag on and on.

This isnt a club bashing thread , far from it , it is just highlighting the enormous amount of strain the backroom staff are working under , particularly as our CEO resigned recently.

For once the fixture gods have given us , what appears on paper, a kind start so it would be great to hit the ground running for a change , just hope our departing management team haven`t scuppered our season before it starts.

• Like 1

Main one is sorting the manager out. I just hope we get somebody in that won't rock the boat to much. What Bruce did in his short time with us has shown us the way forward don't want someone to come in and rip it all apart as the players seem to be loving it. Everything else will in time come out in the wash. 

That’s why, in the absence of a stand out candidate, there is no rush to appoint a permanent new manager From that list of things that need doing, a new manager taking over won’t really speed much else up On the contrary, he will be getting to know people, and then will need time to assess the squad, so that may well hinder recruitment. As was mentioned in the other thread, most of the issues will be dealt with by different departments, and most can run concurrently 

Should be a club bashing thread though.

Most of the concerns are brought about due to the complete absence of any decent communication to the fan base - it's a joke.

33 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Don't appoint Bully but if we haven't found the right replacement, let him carry on caretaking for a while.

He did alright the last time he took over but he was awful the first time he took over, can you remember the game new years day we got pasted by Burton Albion.

Lee Bullen is a nice guy but he is not the answer, he does not have the experience or the ability to be a No1 and the only way we gets the job is if we are once again doing it on the cheap. Get an experience championship manager in, there are so many to pick from currently out of work. get rid of the strikers we don't need, get in a championship quality left back, central midfielder and right winger and maybe a pacey direct striker. 

But don't wait for it to happen, go out there and get it done, we are sleep walking into another season once again, where we are 1 or 2 injuries away from a crisis and yes we have been poo on by Bruce but we need to suck it up, move on take the compo and improve the team instead we seem to not be doing a great deal of anything. 2 weeks tomorrow first game of the season 3 weeks yesterday transfer window shut until January. We still haven't confirmed if Lee is staying or going. So currently only have Hutch, Bannan and Pelupessy as options.

Can i ask  what do we do if we give the job to lee and lets say he wins 1 game in the first 10 and are 3rd bottom( hopefully not) because we are normally not the best starters what do we do then where do we go, who do we turn to

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

Should be a club bashing thread though.

Most of the concerns are brought about due to the complete absence of any decent communication to the fan base - it's a joke.

Was going to disagree with this, but then thought I may be getting whooshed as this is a wind up right?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He did alright the last time he took over but he was awful the first time he took over, can you remember the game new years day we got pasted by Burton Albion.

Lee Bullen is a nice guy but he is not the answer, he does not have the experience or the ability to be a No1 and the only way we gets the job is if we are once again doing it on the cheap. Get an experience championship manager in, there are so many to pick from currently out of work. get rid of the strikers we don't need, get in a championship quality left back, central midfielder and right winger and maybe a pacey direct striker. 

But don't wait for it to happen, go out there and get it done, we are sleep walking into another season once again, where we are 1 or 2 injuries away from a crisis and yes we have been poo on by Bruce but we need to suck it up, move on take the compo and improve the team instead we seem to not be doing a great deal of anything. 2 weeks tomorrow first game of the season 3 weeks yesterday transfer window shut until January. We still haven't confirmed if Lee is staying or going. So currently only have Hutch, Bannan and Pelupessy as options.

Yeh, am sure DC is walking around with his fingers in his ears "La, La, La, I'm not listening". 

Come on Room be real. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Yeh, am sure DC is walking around with his fingers in his ears "La, La, La, I'm not listening". 

Come on Room be real. 

for the last 3 season we have had a poor start because the team has either not been match fit and match sharp or players needed have either come in at the end of August on loan or come in too late and are not match fit.

So this close season the hope was with SB in charge this would not be an issue, when the fixture came out a lot myself included was thinking there is no reason we cannot be 12-15 points off the first 6 games.

But 2 weeks before the start of the season the squad that ended last season is pretty much the same as this season the starting 11 will be the same but for 1 or 2 changes. (Westwod, Palmer, Lees, (Poss borner), Iorfa, Fessi, Reach, Hutch, Bannan, Fletcher, Joao or Harris)

Honest question for you are we moving forward as a club or are we treading water hoping that something sparks? 

Edited by room0035

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Crikey.

Isnt anyone just looking forward to seeing the boys charge onto the Hillsborough turf resplendant in a proper kit.

I am.

Yes, I was just about to just post whatever the issue's, I can't wait for the season to start. Good times or hard, life just feels better when we are rolling. Crisp night matches, the bustle of match day, some fish n chips from the Riverside, some pints of inefficiently poured Wednesday Ale, a booming crowd....bring it!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, room0035 said:

for the last 3 season we have had a poor start because the team has either not been match fit and match sharp or players needed have either come in at the end of August on loan or come in too late and are not match fit.

So this close season the hope was with SB in charge this would not be an issue, when the fixture came out a lot myself included was thinking there is no reason we cannot be 12-15 points off the first 6 games.

But 2 weeks before the start of the season the squad that ended last season is pretty much the same as this season the starting 11 will be the same but for 1 or 2 changes. (Westwod, Palmer, Lees, (Poss borner), Iorfa, Fessi, Reach, Hutch, Bannan, Fletcher, Joao or Harris)

Honest question for you are we moving forward as a club or are we treading water hoping that something sparks? 

The trouble fella is there are to many on here just happy to go along to the games, have a few pints, banter with mates etc but don't seem unduly concerned about where we are going as a club. You are correct there is very little info coming out of the club, the squad isn't good enough at present to finish top 6, we need a manager for sure and we need 3 or 4 players to fill in positions that have yet to be addressed, we also need to sell 3 or 4 aswell ie Winnall, Rhodes, Fox. 

We must be one of the most patient fan bases around, 20 years out of the top flight now but it's seems ok for Wednesday to be ambling about mid table for lots of people. 

Here's hoping we get the things I mentioned above before the transfer window shuts otherwise I see another tepid season treading water. 

WAWAW 

1 hour ago, bubbleowl said:

Can i ask  what do we do if we give the job to lee and lets say he wins 1 game in the first 10 and are 3rd bottom( hopefully not) because we are normally not the best starters what do we do then where do we go, who do we turn to

Options are:

1. The ‘A’ Team

2. The Equalizer

3. Shaft

4. Terry McCann

to name but a few out there on the market!

:Chansiri:

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Find it a bit odd that you think with Bruce we could have maybe/might/could got 12 to 15 points from first 6 games,with pretty much the same 11 as last season (your words) but now we won't............., just because he ain't here...... Strange times. 

And yes, just to be honest, I do believe this club has moved forwards. 

1 hour ago, Watto said:

The trouble fella is there are to many on here just happy to go along to the games, have a few pints, banter with mates etc but don't seem unduly concerned about where we are going as a club. You are correct there is very little info coming out of the club, the squad isn't good enough at present to finish top 6, we need a manager for sure and we need 3 or 4 players to fill in positions that have yet to be addressed, we also need to sell 3 or 4 aswell ie Winnall, Rhodes, Fox. 

We must be one of the most patient fan bases around, 20 years out of the top flight now but it's seems ok for Wednesday to be ambling about mid table for lots of people. 

Here's hoping we get the things I mentioned above before the transfer window shuts otherwise I see another tepid season treading water. 

WAWAW 

As, as you put it, one of them that goes to games for the banter etc, what are you doing, being one of the concerned fellas like, to affect change at Hillsborough? 

• Haha 1