Rowett - stats

I thought this was an interesting take on Rowett before he joined Stoke and you can see why his stock was high.

- Only Fulham and Wolves scored more than derby despite the negative reputation

- Played a 4231 predominantly which would suit us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s not really a big character but at Birmingham he got a lot out of a limited budget and his style is very similar to that of Bruce. Ie about physical players, quicker wide players and fitness/energy rather than a more complicated passing game or high press. 

In an ideal world the latter is much more fashionable but we’re just about to kick off.

I’d be underwhelmed but not worried by Rowetts appointment whereas some of the names touted would freeten mi to death. Put it this way, Rowett knows where Hillsboro is and is an admirer of some of our players (eg Joao) - With any kind of fitness and work ethic I reckon we would be in and around the play offs with him. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anus said:

Rowett nearly managed to knock the enthusiasm out of the most ardent Derby fans I work with. Despite getting a point and the odd goal more than Frank Lampard's Derby County the difference in fans response was chalk and cheese. Plus, he showed some interest in Stoke, so Derby offered an improved contract which he signed, and then went to Stoke. He even underwhelmed Stoke fans and they are total scrubbers.

So from me;

nobutinyellow.jpg

This. But we also have to remember most derby fans are complete cvnts

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Statistics are nothing without context. For example, according to win percentage as our manager, Alan Irvine was 0.68% better than Ron Atkinson and 1.65% better than Jack Charlton.

Context is that he got Burton to playoffs pre Clough. Birmingham from relegation fodder to playoff challengers, Derby top six (albeit should have remained top two). Stoke flopped. 

1 minute ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I’d be underwhelmed but not worried by Rowetts appointment whereas some of the names touted would freeten mi to death. Put it this way, Rowett knows where Hillsboro is and is an admirer of some of our players (eg Joao) - With any kind of fitness and work Ethics I reckon we would be in and around the play offs with him. 

This is pretty much where I'm at with it.

I can't honestly say that I'm an expert on Rowett, but he seems a solid manager who knows his way around this division. Some of the other suggestions, well... don't.

26 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Derby fans were delighted when he left. I mean, your average Derby fan knows fuckall about football but he must have been shybo if they wanted him gone.

And don't forget we nick all your songs.... I mean every single one.

Seriously though. You're having it tough at the moment and deserve better than this. Rowett wasn't that bad. Only 5 months before he left Fans were happy to see him get an improved contract even though he was only here for 4 months. As you point out, hopefully tongue in cheek, fans aren't always the best judge whether Rams or Owls. If given the chance to have Rowett back or Nigel Clough back though I would go for Clough every day of the week. If you can overlook he managed the Blades, he would be a better bet.

Anyway all the best. As I've said before I always like playing Wednesday, feels like a big game and my first away game was at Hillsborough with a gate of about 47000, so it shows it was quite a while ago. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

And don't forget we nick all your songs.... I mean every single one.

Seriously though. You're having it tough at the moment and deserve better than this. Rowett wasn't that bad. Only 5 months before he left Fans were happy to see him get an improved contract even though he was only here for 4 months. As you point out, hopefully tongue in cheek, fans aren't always the best judge whether Rams or Owls. If given the chance to have Rowett back or Nigel Clough back though I would go for Clough every day of the week. If you can overlook he managed the Blades, he would be a better bet.

Anyway all the best. As I've said before I always like playing Wednesday, feels like a big game and my first away game was at Hillsborough with a gate of about 47000, so it shows it was quite a while ago. 

I like Derby, proper club, proper fans

Ignore Adem, he didn't mean every single Derby fan knows fuckall about football

I'm sure there's a Derby fan somewhere who's got a bit of an idea

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, 1993swfc said:

Wouldn’t be totally against Rowett. Worked well at Derby and Birmingham without big money to spend. 

At Birmingham yes, but think he spent a fair bit at Derby.

Our Ram fan on here will be able to tell me if I’m wrong, but I think he signed Huddleston, Davies, Lawrence and Vydra whilst Derby boss? All by no means cheap at the time. 

Rowett for me from the names out there who are realistic so far.

We went from King Carlos to Carlos the Clown in a very short period of time - fans are fickle.

He went to a madhouse at Stoke so judge him prior and he knows his way around.

He's also a reyt mardyarse who is sound when he's your own mardyarse like many managers out there.