Joao Staying?

11 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Do you mean at the end of the season when most of the teams we played had nothing to play for ?

Myth.

Just look up the opponents and where they were in the table. Only a small number of them could be accused of being in that kind of position.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Myth.

Just look up the opponents and where they were in the table. Only a small number of them could be accused of being in that kind of position.

Is where actually tried his utmost.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

It seems like that 'one game hot / two games cold' habit will be his ultimate legacy. A bit like Gerald Sibon back in the day.

Ooh

That's a funny one.

Top scorer every season, or nearly every season? without looking like he gave his all.

I would liken him to Hoddle/Le Tissier, but not in the same class, that was his style of play, every game.

Whereas with Joao, you can see he is not playing to his full capacity every time.

2 hours ago, MAL said:

That is like saying, every footballer that has never made it, can blame the manager and set up.

Sorry for the bold, but...

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS...

YOU LAZY ARRSE

YOU THAT THINKS YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE IT

YOU THAT THINKS THE CLUB OWE YOU SOMETHING

And maybe none of the three previous Managers got that message across to him?

It's quite often not the message, but the way the message is delivered that is the problem. 

World Class players are often products of World Class managers.

1 minute ago, JimmyMaC said:

Never understood why we gazumped blackburn for Fletcher,@28k each week and a four year contract,no wonder promtions taken a back seat and we have P&S problems

Ironically our best striker at the moment though.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I guess I get sucked into the Joao v Fletcher thing, when debating with posters on here Would I keep Fletcher as part of our squad? For sure, he has much to offer, and I’m not blind to what he contributes. Do I think we can sustain a promotion challenge, using Fletcher as a lone striker? No I do not, we need far more than what Fletcher brings to the table. 

I don't think the player exists for a Championship team's budget to play the lone striker role that would win promotion.

I think you know my point is that if we get the right roles for FF, SF and LJ we have a pretty potent attacking threat and if we can get the midfield balance to support them we have every chance of promotion.

Whatever happens we should be looking to offload Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu before any of those three. Unless of course the new manager insists on playing them out of position eg. FF  as a striker where he plays much of the game with his back to goal being bullied by centre backs.

22 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

And maybe none of the three previous Managers got that message across to him?

It's quite often not the message, but the way the message is delivered that is the problem. 

World Class players are often products of World Class managers.

Nah

How many managers do we have to change, before him, and a lot of others at a lot of clubs get the message, like i said earlier, somewhere along the line...

They have to take responsibility for their own actions, not blaming it on everybody else

The problem in the first instance, is that they get paid too much.

Then they cannot be bothered, unless it comes down to a bit of showboating.

This is why triers are thought better of than skill full players who don't give a fack.

2 minutes ago, JimmyMaC said:

Only because he keeps a better one out of the side,work rate/ethic blah blah,scoring ratio worse than Nuhiu,small wonder were stuck in this division if we accept 10 goals a season from our main goal getters as acceptable,a fit for the season Joao will net 20,then your talking striker

Joao and Forestieri are fairly selfish players put Fletcher in and around players who dont look to be the hero all the time and he will score more.

He plays 40 odd games this season. we will see alot more than 10 goals from him.

Very conflicted in my theories about Joao. It’s clear he’s a natural talent - possibly the most innately skilled and potential-rich in our team - but the six inches between his ears has held him back massively IMO.

On the one hand, I want someone to put a rocket under his ‘arris. On the other, I can understand his apparent motivation struggles/ambivalence to an extent: how many times have we seen him come on and totally change the game (even win it nigh-on singlehandedly in some cases), only to be back on the bench the next week because someone else who earns more has managed to peel themselves off the physio table for a fortnight?

He’s never really had a proper run as a starter - ever the bridesmaid, as it were. Must feel pointless sometimes. And yet by seemingly playing up to that at times, he lets himself down and perpetuates the cycle. So frustrating!

8 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/lee-bullen-does-not-believe-lucas-joao-has-handed-in-a-transfer-request-at-sheffield-wednesday/

Would be good if he could stay, Bullen could get the best out of him 

Rather Winnall left if Joao Is happy at the Owls

Rather Joao left than Winnall , ability wise they are very similar but Winnall shows passion and desire when he’s actually playing 

40 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Rather Joao left than Winnall , ability wise they are very similar but Winnall shows passion and desire when he’s actually playing 

I too rate Winnall, but no way does he have similar ability to Joao,  But that doesn’t mean that he isn’t capable of scoring more actual goals than Joao.

8 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Unless we sell some forwards we are going to be stuck with some who never reach their potential because they just don’t get the game time.

They then reduce their commitment and so don’t deserve regular game time.

We need some turnover in strikers or it is going to be a difficult season for some of them and the team will suffer 

Quite right, it's ok Bully saying 6 strikers for him isn't a problem, but it clearly is. You can't Keep 6 happy without constant rotation. A few are either going to be p1sswd off or be happy to just collect a wage. We need a few off the books. Bully surely recognises this, or he should.