Jump to content

Manager Poll - Grand final  

765 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, notts0wl said:

Give it Bullen till Christmas, 

Relegated by november then

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueOwl said:

"Moyesy?, a monkey in a suit could do a better job."

"Thanks very much old bean 

Where do I sign"?200w.gif.61c95394b48af2e6c0bcf29baa0edf07.gif 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Other than bookies odds, has there even been one credibile link to any manager yet? 

 

It seems strange that no one is reporting our supposed shortlist by now. It just makes me wonder if we are going to make another appointment from abroad that's out of the blue. Surely if we were interviewing known out of work managers in this country something would have been leaked. 

 

I think the appointment could take longer than any of us are hoping down to the fact we aren't just recruiting a manager. Ideally we'd be bringing in 3 quality coaches that have worked together and can drop straight in seamlessly. 

 

I just hope we go for a manager that has a philosophy to his football that entertains the fans. I don't care for any manager who achieved promotions 5 years ago playing well organised hoof ball. Football is constantly adapting and changing, that's why we see so many managers hit success and fade because they never change from what they know. 

 

My ideal candidates would be the Cowley Brothers. Young, fresh and play entertainment winning football. 

 

I'm sure we could get Pulis, Hughes, McLaren, Monk in and they'd do ok. But I don't think any of us want "ok".

The reason that a short list hasn't been announced is because we are going about things in the correct way. Asking a club for permission to talk to a manager before interviewing them and agreeing terms with all parties before making an announcement.

On another point it's not going to be an easy quick decision for DC. Bruce leaving came out of the blue so he want prepared to find another manager. 

There are hundreds of candidates but only a few that will fit DC's profile of who he wants and what he can realistically attract.

Glad it's not my decision but good luck Mr C. You will not be able to please all the fans no matter who you appoint 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Dinosaurs were very dangerous creatures, and intelligent too. 

emperors new clothes admirers are dangerous too, ……………..

they see the latest thing on tv, some arsewipe comes out cooing about it being the 'correct way', and suddenly they're 'in love again', they see non of the pitfalls, non of it's shortcomings.

f***ing about with the ball at the back puts the defensive sides worst ball players on the ball, faced by what are generally the oppositions quickest, in the most dangerous area of the field for them to be caught out in.

it also slows any build ups down to a snail pace, thus allowing the opposition defensive elements time to 'stroll' back into position, any side who can play football at a 'strolling' pace isn't likely to tire, and can attack with greater numbers knowing all those numbers will have time to get back should the attack fail. 'modern football'.

the alternative is 'dinosaur football' of defenders who are in the side because they can defend, and the 'ethos' of that side is to attack the opposition quickly at every opportunity, to play in the opposition half as much as is possible, to strike as often as possible at the opposition goal, and to follow it in for rebounds. to take the game to a pace that leaves the opposition gasping for breath.

david luiz is the prime example of a 'modern footballing' defender, much better control of the ball, very good, even excellent passer, rushed and often looking panicked in defence, and **** at defending.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it has to be promotion 'at all costs'

Then we'd have more chance with Pulis in charge (IMHO) - with or without Megson

 

There'd be more clean sheets

Loads more goals scored from corners, set pieces etc

 

The games would be as boring as hell and home attendances would surely suffer

But we wouldn't struggle   :mellow:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

If it has to be promotion 'at all costs'

Then we'd have more chance with Pulis in charge (IMHO) - with or without Megson

 

There'd be more clean sheets

Loads more goals scored from corners, set pieces etc

 

The games would be as boring as hell and home attendances would surely suffer

But we wouldn't struggle   :mellow:

 

 

I just don't think we have the squad for the Pulis strategy. Imagine Lee Hutch Bannan Pelupessy as the CM bullies! Maybe Hutch but he'd only last half a game with a mandate to go in hard!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, briggowl said:

 

I just don't think we have the squad for the Pulis strategy. Imagine Lee Hutch Bannan Pelupessy as the CM bullies! Maybe Hutch but he'd only last half a game with a mandate to go in hard!!! 

 

a) I don't want to give anyone the idea that he's MY choice for the job

b) Always got the impression that the main task of his CM was to bully the ref

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emma Hayes the current Chelsea ladies manager is the same price with the bookies as Mikael Arteta. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Biggs suggesting Rowett isn’t considered but Pulis and Carvalhal are :unsure:

Oh god

 

I'm starting to get worried now

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Oh god

 

I'm starting to get worried now

 

Im hoping it’s the classic tactic of release really poor names so that whoever is chosen is a relief 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dorian gray said:

emperors new clothes admirers are dangerous too, ……………..

they see the latest thing on tv, some arsewipe comes out cooing about it being the 'correct way', and suddenly they're 'in love again', they see non of the pitfalls, non of it's shortcomings.

f***ing about with the ball at the back puts the defensive sides worst ball players on the ball, faced by what are generally the oppositions quickest, in the most dangerous area of the field for them to be caught out in.

it also slows any build ups down to a snail pace, thus allowing the opposition defensive elements time to 'stroll' back into position, any side who can play football at a 'strolling' pace isn't likely to tire, and can attack with greater numbers knowing all those numbers will have time to get back should the attack fail. 'modern football'.

the alternative is 'dinosaur football' of defenders who are in the side because they can defend, and the 'ethos' of that side is to attack the opposition quickly at every opportunity, to play in the opposition half as much as is possible, to strike as often as possible at the opposition goal, and to follow it in for rebounds. to take the game to a pace that leaves the opposition gasping for breath.

david luiz is the prime example of a 'modern footballing' defender, much better control of the ball, very good, even excellent passer, rushed and often looking panicked in defence, and **** at defending.

Thanks very much to Glen Hoddle for your thoughts there on Sheffield Wednesday's search for a new manager ...

After the break 

We chat to S73 & S36 on their thoughts of some mouth watering encounters in next seasons womens

"Naked Fa Cup" .....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Megson played the worse boring football ever :rolleyes:

A few years down the line we have CC, kin ell like watching paint dry..10 x shitier. But the fans luv him, (well some did) even when foookin stevie wonder could see he was a chancer.

Then we get jos, who was even worsterer..and less fun at interviews.

 

Bruce is the man...maybe, except he wasn't..just one off the 'list' clones who also play foookin poo football.

 

So now GvB, is top of the pops...except there isn't a fooookin chance in hell he will come here.

Lots of peeps in denial on here. It's bullen, or a usual suspect, or an unknown.

We ain't getting a 'name'...get used to it.

Hope we get klinsman though.. If not i ain't going anymore. :tongue:

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

How come Fred Rutten's name has disappeared from the list? Has he done a Hughton and ruled himself out FFS :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Thanks very much to Glen Hoddle for your thoughts there on Sheffield Wednesday's search for a new manager ...

After the break 

We chat to S73 & S36 on their thoughts of some mouth watering encounters in next seasons womens

"Naked Fa Cup" .....

it's not glenn hoddle, it's me. what's your input on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it's not glenn hoddle, it's me. what's your input on it?

My input is it is out of our hands .....

As it always has and always will 

Best not get too giddy eh ?

Then when he's unveiled you won't be too disappointed will you ?

monk-one3.thumb.jpg.476fce42a7d4cc59d9ec739f8b1195fe.jpg

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

My input is it is out of our hands .....

As it always has and always will 

Best not get too giddy eh ?

Then when he's unveiled you won't be too disappointed will you ?

monk-one3.thumb.jpg.476fce42a7d4cc59d9ec739f8b1195fe.jpg

 

 

 

 

^^ Holloway seen here, hours before leaving the Blackpool job.

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

My input is it is out of our hands .....

As it always has and always will 

Best not get too giddy eh ?

Then when he's unveiled you won't be too disappointed will you ?

monk-one3.thumb.jpg.476fce42a7d4cc59d9ec739f8b1195fe.jpg

 

 

 

 

Our new training kit.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get ready for barnsley manager going odds on any time soon, coalman...kin ell, my only don't want on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically..............

 

If we start a new thread on any manager or not even a manager at the moment, I reckon one of the bookies will put up odds for it. 

 

Boaty McBoatface is about to enter the running #believe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

My input is it is out of our hands .....

As it always has and always will 

Best not get too giddy eh ?

Then when he's unveiled you won't be too disappointed will you ?

monk-one3.thumb.jpg.476fce42a7d4cc59d9ec739f8b1195fe.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

YAY !!!!!!!! We're getting a manager who can shove both his feet up his ……………………………………………..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hari Krishna, hari krishnaaaa, Krishna Krishna, hairy haris  FFS lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...