• Paul Cook
    • Gary Megson
    • Daniel Stendel
    • Aitor Karanka
    • David Moyes
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Tony Pulis

10 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

We don't need to gamble on the next Manager. 

Holloway wouldn't be a gamble. He's achieved promotion from the Championship, and in style. 

I personally think Megson's style is more effective in this league. 

Two many teams think they can play this possession across the six yard box nonsense in the Championship. Now is the time for Megson, to show them the error of their ways.

In all fairness though,  Holloway would be my second choice. 

I figured one of our strengths this season under mr. Iscariot was that if we were to play a high press, we'd catch a lot of these (non dinosaur) sides with the 'emperor's new clothes' of ****ing around with it in and around their own penalty area. 

10 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I always hoped Carlos would bring in more hidden talent from Portugal, but after Mattias and Joao it turned into the same old Doyen crocks. 

I think the Manager may have to make do with the current squad, which is still over sized. 

both mattias and joao have fallen way short, mattias wasn't good enough, and joao appears to be not bothered.

I tried to check all the current League 1 and 2 managers, and out of those, Cowley was basically the only one we possibly should approach if we want to have someone young and hungry. I really wouldn't like to see any of those who are being rotated from club to club all the time. They last a season or so, but we need stability and the rebuilding has just started with the small clearout.

GVB would be wonderful but pie in the sky surely? 

After what he achieved with Feyenoord he could probably take his pick from all over Europe. 

Why would he consider us? 

If Chansiri can get him it would be an amazing coup but I won't be holding my breath.

Guest Ash76
8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I am going to make a prediction.

Our new manager ain't on that list.

So it is Hughton then. 

Well done DC, an excellent appointment 

25 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

If you believe the papers yes. If the story is true though it's obvious that he has ambitions higher than a campaign in the Championship.

Aye, but folks said the same about Bielsa when Carlos got  the boot.

Laughed off as to big a name then rocks up at L**ds.

"Don't ask don't get." 

Guest Jack the Hat

Did that one person vote for Pulis, or click on it by accident. Maybe pocket voted on their phone.

3 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

You’re right. Sheffield is not poo enough for me and my football.

I'm sticking with you Tony, 1 of 2 who voted for you. Strong defence, long balls and crosses. Caps and stood up for press conferences. I don't want Tika-Taka crap. Vote Pulis!

12 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

Wheres fatty tekaway gone?

Moyes,il settle for top 6 in the prem every season,its where I started out watching us as a nipper,ok hes done this done that,blokes a solid manager,hes done it all before give him the tools and the time hel do it again,you dont just morph from excellent to crap,any manager will want influence whoever gets in

Dave Jones managed it.lol

I voted for Holloway, but I'll also go against the grain and say I wouldn't be that averse to Pulis. I mean, just think: Pulis on the touchline, Westwood in the net. We'd concede about 15 goals in the season. Up front, he'd have much more to work with than he did at Boro. Plus, we finish the season at home to them.