Jump to content

Manager Poll - Grand final  

765 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

We've weeded out the none runners with several polls.

Some have ruled themselves out. Some have taken jobs at other big clubs abroad. 

 

Sob here's the final cut of the popular choices.

 

Who do you want?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holloway all the way

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have been alphabetical order ...and two Gary Rowetts? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olly for me 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a depressing list. I know our gambles with unproven managers have all failed in the past, but I'd rather we go for someone young and hungry than a big name with more failures than successes on their CV.

 

So, some random foreign manager none of us have ever heard of it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the 90’s Arsene Wenger told Gerard Houllier that Wednesday were a club that were going nowhere.

 

As a result Houllier turned us down & a year or two later took on the Liverpool job.

 

I don’t think we’ll get anyone with an Arsenal connection so that rules Arteta, GVB & Bergkamp out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Would be my choice over Ian Holloway 
 
  • Agree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Should have been alphabetical order ...and two Gary Rowetts? lol

 

Split the vote so it looks like he isn't doing well. 

Oldest trick in the book.

 

 

:ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour Party would be proud

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Onge said:

What a depressing list. I know our gambles with unproven managers have all failed in the past, but I'd rather we go for someone young and hungry than a big name with more failures than successes on their CV.

 

So, some random foreign manager none of us have ever heard of it is!

 

The thing is....

 

No one , if they're honest, had really heard of Arsenal Wenger when he first turned up on these shores.

 

I'm sure there's others out there that might not thrill when we hear the name but who might go on to really make themselves a name at Hillsborough. .

 

Hope so.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GVB. Time to show some ambition and forward thinking. The Championship can now attract high profile managers. Go get one DC and forget all the typical names and job hoppers. Gio is the man.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Back in the 90’s Arsene Wenger told Gerard Houllier that Wednesday were a club that were going nowhere.

 

As a result Houllier turned us down & a year or two later took on the Liverpool job.

 

I don’t think we’ll get anyone with an Arsenal connection so that rules Arteta, GVB & Bergkamp out.

So our travails are all Arsene's fault !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am seriously worried with voting on that poll.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

So our travails are all Arsene's fault !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/3005166/Wengers-urbane-manner-provides-new-benchmark.html

 

Some of em are.

 

This makes reference to it but think there is more in Houlliers book.

 

He would have been a great appointment at the time.

 

We ended up with Danny Wilson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't decide tbh!

 

There are some names I'd be ok with and others I want nowhere near the club!

 

There isn't one name who stands out!

 

Think Rowett, Monk and Karanka would be good choices.

 

Wouldn't mind taking a punt on Van Bronckhorst or Arteta!

 

Happy to take a chance on Stendl, Cowley or Bullen!

 

Just a massive no to McLaren, Moyes , Zola and Keane!

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronckhorst if not Rowett if not Bullen if not Moyes. :biggrin:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/3005166/Wengers-urbane-manner-provides-new-benchmark.html

 

Some of em are.

 

This makes reference to it but think there is more in Houlliers book.

 

He would have been a great appointment at the time.

 

We ended up with Danny Wilson.

And do you think that legacy lives on with next generation of managers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when we got Varadi from Newcastle who did the geordies replace him with an unknown player called Peter Beardsley as good a player Varadi was he wasn't a patch on Beardsley, wouldn't it be nice for us to unearth an unknown gem that is better than the one we've lost 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see hughtons name on here. One newspaper writes him out so it must be true. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...