Bruce wants respect

He’s fizzed that many clubs up by resigning and jumping ship. He’s a classless cheeky monkey who keeps mentioning the word “respect” but why? He’s clearly shown Chansiri and our club the least respect anyone could. He and his advisors have behaved appallingly. 

I wonder if he’ll come in for any players here? Bannan and Reach would be obvious choices but as a left field move I could see him try for Fletcher given the shortage of forwards up there? That said I can’t see Ashley or Charnley very keen to discuss fees with Mr C? :biggrin:

Bruce gave the impression on SSN this morning that the compensation clause was met, but that the goalposts were moved. Do wonder if those goalposts were Clemence and Agnew in that they didn’t have a release clause but DC wanted compensation. 

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I wonder if he’ll come in for any players here? Bannan and Reach would be obvious choices but as a left field move I could see him try for Fletcher given the shortage of forwards up there? That said I can’t see Ashley or Charnley very keen to discuss fees with Mr C? :biggrin:

I think if they went for any of those players, it would finally push their fan base over the edge :duntmatter:

Bruce taking part in NUFC press conference this morning. Bruce on threat of legal action: “A contract is a contract. It also applies when a manager resigns. I am disappointed as I thought it was in hand. It is the challenge of managing Newcastle United. That was the overriding factor for me to be as selfish as I was.” He’s also not going to be in their dugout when they play West Ham in China, will be in the stands. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-press-conference-live-16611444

Looks a desperation appointment by Ashley. Bruce was 11th choice ( bet you feel respected eh Steve? ) Ashley didn't want to start the season without a manager so "panicked" hoping Bruce would say yes. Maybe what he didn't bargain for is how unpopular with the fans it's been. As for the compensation a few million is small change to him. It will be interesting to see if there are any breaches of contract in place.