Michael Carrick

Guest Whittonowl

How many ex Man Utd players have got jobs based on their names but actually turned out to be a success? Off the top of my head The Snake is probably the most successful I can think of, but the likes of Hughes, Robson, Ince, Turner, Robins, Keane, Solskjaer, Giggs, the Nevilles, Scholes have been a mixed bag at best and a disaster at worst. Even Bobby Charlton was awful as a manager. 

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

How many ex Man Utd players have got jobs based on their names but actually turned out to be a success? Off the top of my head The Snake is probably the most successful I can think of, but the likes of Hughes, Robson, Ince, Turner, Robins, Keane, Solskjaer, Giggs, the Nevilles, Scholes have been a mixed bag at best and a disaster at worst. Even Bobby Charlton was awful as a manager. 

Laurent Blanc did pretty well at Bordeaux and arguably turned Frances' fortunes around after their disastrous 2010 World Cup display

I think he also won a few titles with Paris St Germain but then left because Quarter Final elimination from the champions league is seen as a failure of a season (even if they won the domestic league etc)

On 18/07/2019 at 15:21, Whittonowl said:

I was offering a possible backup for Bully if he was appointed manager.  Carrick as First team coach?

Yeah I think he would leave his First Team Coach position at Man U to become a First Team Coach at Wednesday 

For sure, whoever it is will get Christmas at home with the kids because this will be a panic appointment.

Then Big Sam in January because he's got passion.

Too predictable. Unfortunately it's become a poisoned chalice.