Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I admit, i have come in at the end (hopefully) of this thread.

 

But how anybody can say Bruce shouldn't be grateful is on the wind up.

 

Plus, he knew the situation at the club when he accepted the job.

 

He just didn't know the situation at Newcastle, until he sent his agent to have a word.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Well yeh because I know what you lot are like. You tend to group together to attack posters that go against the prevalent narrative. 

 

Would  you rather the forum had only one homogeneous opinion?

 

If you read the thread through you will see there are lots of insightful posts on the subject that the OP generated. 

 

This forum would be a poorer place if posters were scared off posting because they got hounded.

 

Unfortunately, I tend to answer everyone. Even the ones like you who are just out to troll. That's my downfall. People setting bait like asteener before.

 

 

 

So...you've now admitted that the reason you started this thread was to cause a stir and get a reaction. 

 

Also - you don't have to start throwing in words like "homogeneous" etc., because a few people laughed at you for misspelling dissertation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

No.

 

Why assume I'm an ******* looking for attention? Why make it about me?

 

Could it not be that I'm actually interested in what is actually going on at Wednesday? 

 

It could be, although you often seem to take the alternative view.....

 

No idea what the expletive word is meant to be, just glad you have not resorted to calling me lady bits or passively-aggressively threatening me yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well yeh because I know what you lot are like. You tend to group together to attack posters that go against the prevalent narrative. 

 

Would  you rather the forum had only one homogeneous opinion?

 

If you read the thread through you will see there are lots of insightful posts on the subject that the OP generated. 

 

This forum would be a poorer place if posters were scared off posting because they got hounded.

 

Unfortunately, I tend to answer everyone. Even the ones like you who are just out to troll. That's my downfall. People setting bait like asteener before.

 

 

 

 

On the verge of referring to yourself in the 3rd person with that one!

Scared off from posting, seriously?

My downfall is I keep responding to posts made by posters who deliberately take the alternative viewpoint on just about every subject up for discussion.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well yeh because I know what you lot are like. You tend to group together to attack posters that go against the prevalent narrative. 

 

Would  you rather the forum had only one homogeneous opinion?

 

If you read the thread through you will see there are lots of insightful posts on the subject that the OP generated. 

 

This forum would be a poorer place if posters were scared off posting because they got hounded.

 

Unfortunately, I tend to answer everyone. Even the ones like you who are just out to troll. That's my downfall. People setting bait like asteener before.

 

 

 

Setting bait ?

You mean asking a pertinent question regarding your post? 

Is that setting bait...or perhaps bullying in your opinion Beholder?

The prevalent narrative happens to hold the majority of opinion

That means you are arguing against the majority 

The majority happen to disagree with you

That's not ganging up

We are as much entitled to an opinion as you are

It just so happens more folk think you are wrong than think you are right.

Seems you can't accept that

So flippingcarry on nailing yourself to a cross no one gives a flyer about 

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just opened this thread after a few hours away. OH MY GOD. It's like I've gone back to 2006. Beholder has done this kind of thing over and over again, more often than not with the same embarrassing outcome as this thread. In his denials, he is either keeping the wind up going until the bitter end or is completely deluded about his own nature.

 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

To put it all on Bruce is too convenient.

 

...yet very, very much in keeping with his persistent habit.

 

42 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Life must be quite the soap opera.

 

:ph34r:  

 

In summary, the contest can be summed up like this...

 

Image result for ali knockout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

Just a new manager playing up to the media and fans because he has a required duty to talk to the press. Did you expect him to come in slate his boss and slate the fans?

 

Never ever read too much into what managers and players say. Football is a job to them, a lot of the time they just say what the fans want to hear.

Eh? You said, maybe he didn't know what he was signing up to. (for a sly dig at DC of course)...What you on about now?

 

OK try this one

9:30 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdNkVYZFto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

On the verge of referring to yourself in the 3rd person with that one!

Scared off from posting, seriously?

My downfall is I keep responding to posts made by posters who deliberately take the alternative viewpoint on just about every subject up for discussion.

You guys are relentless.

 

Every reply I give provokes 5 replies.

 

Each picking up on some minor quibble.

 

Thats what I mean by not replying.

 

I should know that you are not replying to talk about the subject ,but to have a fight. 

 

So I really shouldnt reply to everyone.

 

Other posters are different. The ones in the thread that have discussed the topic. With them it's just an honest take on what happened with Bruce.

 

In future I will resist bait posts.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

You guys are relentless.

 

Every reply I give provokes 5 replies.

 

Each picking up on some minor quibble.

 

Thats what I mean by not replying.

 

I should know that you are not replying to talk about the subject ,but to have a fight. 

 

So I really shouldnt reply to everyone.

 

Other posters are different. The ones in the thread that have discussed the topic. With them it's just an honest take on what happened with Bruce.

 

In future I will resist bait posts.

 

 

The opening post was the bait mate

Just so happens the fish were stronger than the line you had on the rod

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the term 'snake' has just become something people tend to say about any move really. I have no issue with Steve Bruce wanting to manage Newcastle. I fully believe that it is his dream job and I've seen a few people say he's 'gone for money', By all accounts he's on less money there than he was here.

 

What I have a problem with is his resignation and his trying to force the hand of the club. He courted the job and then stood and said it was down to both clubs only to then resign and that to me given we'd been good to him by giving him an opportunity in the first place and to agree to the delay, is very wrong. Yes it's football, I get that but he's thrown away the rare commodity of respect from 99% of the Wednesday fans.

 

He isn't what I'd call a 'snake', he's just a bit of a silly old man with not a lot of footballing loyalty who knows how to play the media well. Hence the 'Good old Brucey' routine from the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beholder said:

You guys are relentless.

 

Every reply I give provokes 5 replies.

 

Each picking up on some minor quibble.

 

Thats what I mean by not replying.

 

I should know that you are not replying to talk about the subject ,but to have a fight. 

 

So I really shouldnt reply to everyone.

 

Other posters are different. The ones in the thread that have discussed the topic. With them it's just an honest take on what happened with Bruce.

 

In future I will resist bait posts.

 

 

 

The topic has been discussed to death long before you felt the need to start another thread on it. Despite that I have made my opinion on it pretty clear numerous times in this thread.

As for having a fight, there's only one person in this thread that has posted direct abuse and threatened violence, so much so that they felt the need to delete what they had posted.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh? You said, maybe he didn't know what he was signing up to. (for a sly dig at DC of course)...What you on about now?

 

OK try this one

9:30 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdNkVYZFto

 

They’re two separate points I’m making. My general point was that a manager or a player will rarely make their real feelings public to the press if they are unhappy in their job.

 

I was simply playing devils advocate when I said Bruce may not have known what he signed up for. We heard rumours of broken promises etc, are we not allowed to explore this possibility? No sly dig, just discussing. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Beholder said:

No.

 

Why assume I'm an ******* looking for attention? Why make it about me?

 

Could it not be that I'm actually interested in what is actually going on at Wednesday? 

What is going off at Wednesday....You have made up nearly all of your points.

 

There is no proof of anything you have said.

 

Just delete the thread to avoid anymore embarrassment 

Edited by Roland Nilsson
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

They’re two separate points I’m making. My general point was that a manager or a player will rarely make their real feelings public to the press if they are unhappy in their job.

 

I was simply playing devils advocate when I said Bruce may not have known what he signed up for. We heard rumours of broken promises etc, are we not allowed to explore this possibility? No sly dig, just discussing. 

I think Bruce had a good enough idea

Wednesday were a better prospect than unemployment 

Newcastle were a better prospect than Wednesday.

Simple as

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

The topic has been discussed to death long before you felt the need to start another thread on it. Despite that I have made my opinion on it pretty clear numerous times in this thread.

As for having a fight, there's only one person in this thread that has posted direct abuse and threatened violence, so much so that they felt the need to delete what they had posted.

 

I didn't post it.

 

It was in a saved cache and I hadn't realised I hadn't deleted it, hence why it was attached to another post. I immediately deleted as I hadn't intended it to be posted.

 

Unfortunately, as with the spell typo earlier you were on it in a flash before I got a chance to delete. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

What terrifies me about all this is that we are allowing people on OT with a Masters degree - seriously ?

 

It's shameful, isn't it? 

 

I had to send Neil pictorial evidence of my PhD before he'd activate my account.

 

Rulers out, chaps...

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps the issue isn't black and white, but still. 

 

I see what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard a fantastic quote on football ramble that kind of goes against the logic of the OP and few others, it went something like this: 

 

Former Sheffield Utd manager Steve Bruce has quit current club Sheffield Wednesday to take over his boyhood club Newcastle. Returning back to the North East where he grew up and also managed arch rivals Sunderland. It’s almost as if the former Birmingham and Villa manager doesn’t know the meaning of Loyalty! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

Of course every transfer is ran through him he pays for it. 

In what other respect were you implying Chansiri is hands on then that would have upset Bruce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...