An unpopular opinion.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Just a new manager playing up to the media and fans because he has a required duty to talk to the press. Did you expect him to come in slate his boss and slate the fans?

Never ever read too much into what managers and players say. Football is a job to them, a lot of the time they just say what the fans want to hear.

Eh? You said, maybe he didn't know what he was signing up to. (for a sly dig at DC of course)...What you on about now?

OK try this one

9:30 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdNkVYZFto

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

On the verge of referring to yourself in the 3rd person with that one!

Scared off from posting, seriously?

My downfall is I keep responding to posts made by posters who deliberately take the alternative viewpoint on just about every subject up for discussion.

You guys are relentless.

Every reply I give provokes 5 replies.

Each picking up on some minor quibble.

Thats what I mean by not replying.

I should know that you are not replying to talk about the subject ,but to have a fight. 

So I really shouldnt reply to everyone.

Other posters are different. The ones in the thread that have discussed the topic. With them it's just an honest take on what happened with Bruce.

In future I will resist bait posts.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

You guys are relentless.

I should know that you are not replying to talk about the subject ,but to have a fight. 

Other posters are different. The ones in the thread that have discussed the topic. With them it's just an honest take on what happened with Bruce.

The opening post was the bait mate

Just so happens the fish were stronger than the line you had on the rod

• Haha 3

I think the term 'snake' has just become something people tend to say about any move really. I have no issue with Steve Bruce wanting to manage Newcastle. I fully believe that it is his dream job and I've seen a few people say he's 'gone for money', By all accounts he's on less money there than he was here.

What I have a problem with is his resignation and his trying to force the hand of the club. He courted the job and then stood and said it was down to both clubs only to then resign and that to me given we'd been good to him by giving him an opportunity in the first place and to agree to the delay, is very wrong. Yes it's football, I get that but he's thrown away the rare commodity of respect from 99% of the Wednesday fans.

He isn't what I'd call a 'snake', he's just a bit of a silly old man with not a lot of footballing loyalty who knows how to play the media well. Hence the 'Good old Brucey' routine from the media.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

You guys are relentless.

The topic has been discussed to death long before you felt the need to start another thread on it. Despite that I have made my opinion on it pretty clear numerous times in this thread.

As for having a fight, there's only one person in this thread that has posted direct abuse and threatened violence, so much so that they felt the need to delete what they had posted.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh? You said, maybe he didn't know what he was signing up to. (for a sly dig at DC of course)...What you on about now?

OK try this one

9:30 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdNkVYZFto

They’re two separate points I’m making. My general point was that a manager or a player will rarely make their real feelings public to the press if they are unhappy in their job.

I was simply playing devils advocate when I said Bruce may not have known what he signed up for. We heard rumours of broken promises etc, are we not allowed to explore this possibility? No sly dig, just discussing. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They’re two separate points I’m making. My general point was that a manager or a player will rarely make their real feelings public to the press if they are unhappy in their job.

I was simply playing devils advocate when I said Bruce may not have known what he signed up for. We heard rumours of broken promises etc, are we not allowed to explore this possibility? No sly dig, just discussing. 

I think Bruce had a good enough idea

Wednesday were a better prospect than unemployment 

Newcastle were a better prospect than Wednesday.

Simple as

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The topic has been discussed to death long before you felt the need to start another thread on it. Despite that I have made my opinion on it pretty clear numerous times in this thread.

As for having a fight, there's only one person in this thread that has posted direct abuse and threatened violence, so much so that they felt the need to delete what they had posted.

I didn't post it.

It was in a saved cache and I hadn't realised I hadn't deleted it, hence why it was attached to another post. I immediately deleted as I hadn't intended it to be posted.

Unfortunately, as with the spell typo earlier you were on it in a flash before I got a chance to delete. 

• Haha 2

Just heard a fantastic quote on football ramble that kind of goes against the logic of the OP and few others, it went something like this: 

Former Sheffield Utd manager Steve Bruce has quit current club Sheffield Wednesday to take over his boyhood club Newcastle. Returning back to the North East where he grew up and also managed arch rivals Sunderland. It’s almost as if the former Birmingham and Villa manager doesn’t know the meaning of Loyalty! 

21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Of course every transfer is ran through him he pays for it. 

In what other respect were you implying Chansiri is hands on then that would have upset Bruce?

16 hours ago, billyblack said:

Isnt Bruce on a million a year at Newcastle and wasnt he on 2 million a year here??

What’s that got to do with anything? Do you know the ins and outs of Bruce’s Newcastle contract? I.e bonuses, severance pay etc? Nope, didn’t think so. 

I saw a rumour on Twitter that a Bruce returned home one day to find DC in the bath with his wife. DC was drinking a can of Bruce's Skol out of the fridge while Mrs Bruce was licking his plums while they floated on the surface.

Bruce was livid. His tea was not ready either.

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Just heard a fantastic quote on football ramble that kind of goes against the logic of the OP and few others, it went something like this: 

Former Sheffield Utd manager Steve Bruce has quit current club Sheffield Wednesday to take over his boyhood club Newcastle. Returning back to the North East where he grew up and also managed arch rivals Sunderland. It’s almost as if the former Birmingham and Villa manager doesn’t know the meaning of Loyalty! 

I posted it the other day.

67117753_10156691460764865_4450190137086705664_n.thumb.jpg.a6d5d4e32f63f0b94d675a7e0977f417.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, fred mciver said:

And no one's posted the most interesting questions.

Why did Chansiri give Bruce the required permission to meet with Newcastle last week, if he wanted to keep him?

And then to accept chicken feed compensation?

How is 4 million quid chicken feed, you absolute melt? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

And no one's posted the most interesting questions.

Why did Chansiri give Bruce the required permission to meet with Newcastle last week, if he wanted to keep him?

And then to accept chicken feed compensation?

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How is 4 million quid chicken feed, you absolute melt? 

How do you both know we have received owt yet