An unpopular opinion.

Just now, Beholder said:

It was up for about 5 seconds.

It was longer than that - that's what I always tell my mrs anyway! lol

If you genuinely think you have been bullied and harassed in this thread then maybe internet forums are not for you?

6 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

I agree with this. As I posted about two months ago, I spoke to a well respected ex Wednesday player, still working in football, and who knows Bruce. He said that Bruce’s personal style of being an old fashioned manager in charge of all things football and our Chairman’s style of being involved in the detail - micro managing if you like - did not bode well for a long term stay at the club for Bruce. 

I think this this was probably a contributing factor. Realistically, he is not going to be any better with Ashley and it was the two clubs failure to agree a price which ended up with him leaving as he did. 

I have no no idea whether there was a change of their agreement between February and now, probably not although the relationship may have been different in practice from what was discussed. I personally feel that he has let us down but then most Championship managers would leave for a Premier League job. 

What are are the odds on him being at Newcastle by May 2020?

Good post mate. I feared the two would clash at some point. No one really knows what’s gone on, but I think Bruce probably told his agent to find him a way out. Speculation yes but that’s what I think. Newcastle job came up at the perfect time for him to jump ship. 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Asteener.

I provided a link to a tweet that referenced the assertion I made about Bruce not being happy about us not seeking players.

But you have ignored that and  changed your line of attack. 

It's as if you aren't interested in the subject matter?

You said you had grown tired of the subject matter about two pages ago, just as you did last night in another thread which wasn't going entirely your way........

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

perhaps he left coz he got offered what he thinks  is a better job …….i'm sure a very high percentage of the working population would do the same . I personally think he 's made the wrong choice but he obviously backs himself to make a go of it up there …..only time will tell whos right and whos wrong . 

Football managers always think they can be the one who can go into a club and change its fortunes. Unfortunately for Mr Bruce I think he may have bit of more than he can chew at Newcastle. We shall see.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good post mate. I feared the two would clash at some point. No one really knows what’s gone on, but I think Bruce probably told his agent to find him a way out. Speculation yes but that’s what I think. Newcastle job came up at the perfect time for him to jump ship. 

His post was an opinion based off an opinion. 

You've now provided about 50 contradicting reasons for why you think Bruce left. 

Is it his dream job or because Chansiri meddled?

Make your mind up. 

Perhaps the issue isn't black and white, but still. 

Edited by SiJ

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If he asked his agent to find a way out for him before Newcastle came calling then he is an even bigger snake than he has been portrayed.

He signed a contract to manage our team, not manage our team when everything is hunky dory and then throw the toys out of the pram a few months later. The approach our owner takes is not a secret in the football world, not are our finances, he knew what he was signing up to. 

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Never plays the victim...

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

No

I’m not deliberately failing to see anything. I genuinely asked for substance and now you’ve had a stab at providing it you’re crying about people debating it whilst moaning that people don’t debate it.

Absolutely all over the place.

We don’t ‘know’ there was a ‘showdown’ yet you’re basing a whole theory on it. That’s the only fact we’ve got from this thread so far. 

So your narrowing it down to 'showdown' and 'know' ?

Seems that Bruce got frustrated at players being over priced and therefore not selling. So he had talks with Chansiri about this. 

Why is the word 'showdown' so inappropriate to that context?

Edited by Beholder

Just now, Reallondonowl said:

What terrifies me about all this is that we are allowing people on OT with a Masters degree - seriously ?

He referenced his dissitation - on this basis I am not convinced he received the old cap and gown.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

His post was an opinion based off an opinion. 

You've now provided about 50 contradicting reasons for why you think Bruce left. 

Is it his dream job or because Chansiri meddled?

Make your mind up. 

Perhaps the issue isn't black and white, but still. 

Personally think it could have been a combination of the two. Although I don’t think it’s his dream job, one he’s always wanted at some point, but not a dream one. 

We probably won’t ever hear Bruce’s reasons why he left. But SiJ, it’s a football forum people are allowed to discuss theory and opinion without someone jumping down their throats. 

lol

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Just now, Beholder said:

Mate if you were stood in front of me I wouldn't be a victim i can assure you.

Always part of the hounding pack you cvn.t.

Seems that Bruce got frustrated at players being over priced and therefore not selling. So he had talks with Chansiri about this. 

You reference bullying then make this threatening and abusive post! WTF:

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally think it could have been a combination of the two. Although I don’t think it’s his dream job, one he’s always wanted at some point, but not a dream one. 

We probably won’t ever hear Bruce’s reasons why he left. But SiJ, it’s a football forum people are allowed to discuss theory and opinion without someone jumping at their throats. 

lol

I work in the legal profession (no beholder, I'm not writing your posts out for you in the future). 

I get paid to be a confrontational knobhead. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Because "talks" and "Showdown" give totally different meanings don't they...

say for instance the UK and the USA met for talks regarding summat or other...

That would be totally different than the UK and USA met for a "Showdown"

A showdown is a gunfight...Talks are summat yopu have over a coffee

Edited by asteener1867

14 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

and our Chairman’s style of being involved in the detail - micro managing if you like - did not bode well for a long term stay at the club for Bruce. 

Ok

Historically, Bruce is more likely to quit a job than be fired, with his exit from the Black Cats one of only three times he has experienced the sack - the other two occasions being at Huddersfield, his second club, in October 2000 and, 18 years later, Aston Villa.

He resigned at seven of his other clubs and on four of those occasions Bruce was named manager of another team within a week of leaving his previous employment.

He was in charge of the Owls for 18 league games - less than half a Championship season.

That is by no means his shortest spell at one club. In his early days, Bruce accepted three different jobs in 2001.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Football managers always think they can be the one who can go into a club and change its fortunes. Unfortunately for Mr Bruce I think he may have bit of more than he can chew at Newcastle. We shall see.

they do and they nearly all end up getting the sack with a nice fat pay off ….I don't know what length of contract he had here but a 3 year deal at Newcastle is a win win for him . 58 years old and whether successful or not he's going to have another few million in his retirement kitty . 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bruce has walked out to go to his favourite club before he retires.

It really is that simple. 

Probably. 

This might be his last shot at the big time so to speak. Further, it is arguably the most high profile job he's ever had. 

Managers like Steve Bruce (this isn't a knock on him per se), don't usually get to manage clubs with the profile of a Newcastle United. 

I mean the guy is replacing a bloke who has won La Liga, the Champions League and the Europa League ffs. 

I'm relatively confident that any issues with Chansiri (if there were any) didn't factor in all that much once Fat Mike came calling. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If he asked his agent to find a way out for him before Newcastle came calling then he is an even bigger snake than he has been portrayed.

He signed a contract to manage our team, not manage our team when everything is hunky dory and then throw the toys out of the pram a few months later. The approach our owner takes is not a secret in the football world, not are our finances, he knew what he was signing up to. 

Oh aye it’s all grubby and underhanded, but that’s the industry. Players and managers do it all the time to try and get a move or get a new contract etc. Morals in football went out the window a long time ago. 

Well you don’t know for fact he knew what he was signing up for.