An unpopular opinion.

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Of course it had relevance to the question I was asked about Bruce having showdown talks.

Of course it does 

See this is why I said it's pointless justifying on here. 

Just turns into a pack of hounds. There is no reason. Just all about me and nothing to do with the subject matter. As always on here.

Hang on..The tweet says nothing about showdown talks....and for gods sake..I am one person..not a pack of hounds and am simply questioning your reasoning...

If you find a few more people disagree with your opinion than agree with it..it could simply be their opinion is different than yours..not a f.ookin' witchunt

17 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well I used references in my master's dissertation. But owlstalk discusion starters I don't tend to use them for. Do you?

Anyway, since you insist , I refer you to the previous post.

Sorry I haven't used Harvard referencing standard.

Got a link to your Masters dissertation?

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

By the way lads.

This is what bullying looks like on internet forums.

If you are going to throw a "masters degree" about..as if that gives more credence to your argument..be more careful with being condescending about it

Edited by asteener1867

20 minutes ago, Beholder said:

So I said that I thought the words ‘know’ and ‘showdown’ were doing too much work in your reasoning and this is the justification? Some tweet from a Sun journalist is the ‘know’ and things apparently happening faster is the ‘showdown’ which you’re arguing precipitated Bruce leaving?

9 minutes ago, Beholder said:

By the way lads.

This is what bullying looks like on internet forums.

Yep...The bully in our playground used to run up to us and say 

"I don't see the relevance "

How we used to run home crying about it..

Jesus!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Hang on..The tweet says nothing about showdown talks....and for gods sake..I am one person..not a pack of hounds and am simply questioning your reasoning...

If you find a few more people disagree with your opinion than agree with it..it could simply be their opinion is different than yours..not a f.ookin' witchunt

I am currently fielding responses to about six posters. About 4 of you are picking up on minor typos. So yeh. Pack of hounds seems fair.

As for you not seeing the relevance, you are deliberately failing to see the relevance. As sonny is in his post I've just seen.

It's all become about the wording. 

'Showdown'

Well given what has happened since, it would seem such a meeting about getting players out and reducing fees could be called a showdown.

But yes, my word. 

There are other sources by the way, I just can't find them right now.

Anyway I'll get my posts checked by lawyers in future so they can be legally and factually flawless. 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

I am currently fielding responses to about six posters. About 4 of you are picking up on minor typos. So yeh. Pack of hounds seems fair.

As for you not seeing the relevance, you are deliberately failing to see the relevance. As sonny is in his post I've just seen.

'Showdown'

Well given what has happened since, it would seem such a meeting about getting players out and reducing fees could be called a showdown.

But yes, my word. 

Anyway I'll get my posts checked by lawyers in future so they can be legally and factually flawless. 

Nah..Get the lawyers to write the posts....save weeks of work

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You posted looking for a reaction.

Not true.

That is your assumption. 

The usual assumption made on here by the way. Attention seeker etc. Always about the poster. 

I posted it because I am unclear about why he left. And we are in the dark about it. To put it all on Bruce is too convenient.

13 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri has a very hands on approach, Bruce probably wanted to get on with the job with no interference from above.

At Newcastle, although Ashley is hardly the nicest man to work for, he’s so far removed from Newcastle he probably couldn’t even name 5 of his players. 

Plus a rumoured 90m to spend or a transfer embargo? 

I agree with this. As I posted about two months ago, I spoke to a well respected ex Wednesday player, still working in football, and who knows Bruce. He said that Bruce’s personal style of being an old fashioned manager in charge of all things football and our Chairman’s style of being involved in the detail - micro managing if you like - did not bode well for a long term stay at the club for Bruce. 

I think this this was probably a contributing factor. Realistically, he is not going to be any better with Ashley and it was the two clubs failure to agree a price which ended up with him leaving as he did. 

I have no no idea whether there was a change of their agreement between February and now, probably not although the relationship may have been different in practice from what was discussed. I personally feel that he has let us down but then most Championship managers would leave for a Premier League job. 

What are are the odds on him being at Newcastle by May 2020?

Just now, Beholder said:

Not true.

That is your assumption. 

The usual assumption made on here by the way. Attention seeker etc. Always about the poster. 

I posted it because I am unclear about why he left. And we are in the dark about it. To put it all on Bruce is too convenient.

Occams razor Beholder..

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Not true.

That is your assumption. 

You're unclear about why he left?

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

No

I’m not deliberately failing to see anything. I genuinely asked for substance and now you’ve had a stab at providing it you’re crying about people debating it whilst moaning that people don’t debate it.

Absolutely all over the place.

We don’t ‘know’ there was a ‘showdown’ yet you’re basing a whole theory on it. That’s the only fact we’ve got from this thread so far. 

Edited by Sonny

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

'Showdown'

But yes, my word. 

Thought you didn't take this site so seriously?

You've been a member long enough to know that if you write 'Masters Dissitation' you might just get a bit of stick for it.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Occams razor Beholder..

Asteener.

I provided a link to a tweet that referenced the assertion I made about Bruce not being happy about us not seeking players.

But you have ignored that and  changed your line of attack. 

It's as if you aren't interested in the subject matter?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Thought you didn't take this site so seriously?

You've been a member long enough to know that if you write 'Masters Dissitation' you might just get a bit of stick for it.

It was up for about 5 seconds.

perhaps he left coz he got offered what he thinks  is a better job …….i'm sure a very high percentage of the working population would do the same . I personally think he 's made the wrong choice but he obviously backs himself to make a go of it up there …..only time will tell whos right and whos wrong . 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Asteener.

I provided a link to a tweet that referenced the assertion I made about Bruce not being happy about us not seeking players.

But you have ignored that and  changed your line of attack. 

It's as if you aren't interested in the subject matter?

don't attempt to turn the argument from the subject matter to victimisation or bullying and show me where it says "Showdown" mate...

a word you used to excerbate a tweet that said more or less nothing..