Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Soft Embrago...... there's medication for thatlol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Opposite could also be true...might no longer have a manager because we can't sign players...

Are you actually putting that  out there as a genuine excuse  / reason for Bruce jumping ship or just on the wind up  ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were under some sort of restriction but the fact we have been allowed to bring in three decent players who would not be on poor money suggests it is more of a control. For publishing accounts late they can not impose ridiculous sanctions. They already had provisional accounts early in year, we clearly watched what we spent in January so were managing books carefully. At a guess they have probably blocked us paying transfer fees until we either generate income from sales or when they have finished enquiry into ground sale. Think EFL are just being petty and are peeved we are getting round joke P & S regulations and delay is them being obstructive.

If EFL have ime on hands should be looking at clubs using foreign clubs to circumnavigate poaching regulations and avoid paying fees and how a club like Bolton sailed through checks bought players did not pay for them and have not paid players for months. They are the ones they should be looking at.

 

A different point If DC asked for players from Newcastle it sounds was not worried about them being embargoed although not certain report was true. If report true suggests no embargo as we would have effectively neing buying players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Quist said:

We were under some sort of restriction but the fact we have been allowed to bring in three decent players who would not be on poor money suggests it is more of a control. For publishing accounts late they can not impose ridiculous sanctions. They already had provisional accounts early in year, we clearly watched what we spent in January so were managing books carefully. At a guess they have probably blocked us paying transfer fees until we either generate income from sales or when they have finished enquiry into ground sale. Think EFL are just being petty and are peeved we are getting round joke P & S regulations and delay is them being obstructive.

If EFL have ime on hands should be looking at clubs using foreign clubs to circumnavigate poaching regulations and avoid paying fees and how a club like Bolton sailed through checks bought players did not pay for them and have not paid players for months. They are the ones they should be looking at.

 

A different point If DC asked for players from Newcastle it sounds was not worried about them being embargoed although not certain report was true. If report true suggests no embargo as we would have effectively neing buying players.

I seriously doubt that is true. We don't have a manager, any new one might want to play a different system. No point in bringing players in at present. Also it complicates compensation negotiations needlessly and the players could just turn us down and throw everything back in a shambles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those reports are true.

 

I don’t think subsidised loans would breach a soft embargo but hopefully we are out of it in any case. If we weren’t before then 3/4m quid might have helped.

Edited by Bluesteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Can’t see beyond Bullen at the moment, he knows the squad, he knows the tactics, and he presumably knows our transfer targets, if and when any embargo is lifted. Then factor in any potential case we have against Newcastle, presumably that would be dependent on us not appointing a new manager. Looks to me that it will be Bullen’s job for a while yet

I do hope your wrong, we really need a very good start for a change, I just don't see Bullen as the man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blakey1959 said:

Soft Embrago...... there's medication for thatlol

Out of the embrago ... into a post-Bruce embroglio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I do hope your wrong, we really need a very good start for a change, I just don't see Bullen as the man.

We need somebody who is known in the football world. Look at the players Bruce was able to attract just by his name and contacts. I think Bullen does a great job but we need a big name to get quality players in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is going on behind the scenes ? ie Embargo its all a mystery if Bullen is appointed as manager , I like the man ,But is it saying we can not attract a big name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Can’t see beyond Bullen at the moment, he knows the squad, he knows the tactics, and he presumably knows our transfer targets, if and when any embargo is lifted. Then factor in any potential case we have against Newcastle, presumably that would be dependent on us not appointing a new manager. Looks to me that it will be Bullen’s job for a while yet

I agree re Bullen, but can't see why we could not appoint another manager as Bruce has gone and can in no way claim constructive dismissal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I would imagine, only Hector, if possible, plus however many loans have been sanctioned

Without any player sales, a centre-back and someone to be an upgrade on Pelupessy I reckon would see us going into the season in good shape.  After that, you are looking for people who will be an upgrade on already decent Championship players which doesn't come cheap, and is probably best addressed by loans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we sign that trialist we have, then we only really need additional cover at centre half then we’re done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

We need somebody who is known in the football world. Look at the players Bruce was able to attract just by his name and contacts. I think Bullen does a great job but we need a big name to get quality players in. 

The players he "attracted" and signed wern't exactly world class although Definately good enough for us.

They were out of contract I thought apart from Iorfa who somebody must have slipped up with the amount of 000's on the end of the actual figure.

Whoever does the recruiting in the mean time then DC and Bullen should be able to make a good case for joining SWFC. 

Btw....do we have any scouts employed by the club. Never see any names mentioned. Am I just in my Football Manager mode assuming we have dozens of scouts roaming the world looking for another Messi or Mbappe.

I could set my scouts looking if that helps. It's a free service from me. No payments required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoop said:

If we sign that trialist we have, then we only really need additional cover at centre half then we’re done

 

Central midfield too surely?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kameron said:

Not been funny but how many more players are needed?? How many other championship clubs could rock up at Northampton with two separate coaches for the players.  We need to get a new guy in to Finish what Bruce had started to do, I still think we’ll see a few departures which will hopefully allow us to strengthen the midfield which is woefully short as it stands.

Lets say we start the season with the squad we have, options at left back are Fox, Palmer or Penny, we have no recognised right midfielders at the club, central midfield consists of Bannan, Lee, Hutch, Pelupessy and 2 of these have such great injury records so no worries here lol 

Options in central defence Lees, Borner, JVA, Thorniley - Thorniley has not got a look in so could be he is not rated by the coaches (of which Bullen has been for the last 7 years), JVA has not played for a year and we don't know yet whether Borner will be good enough for the championship league.

 

Realistically we need to offload 2 of Joao, Winnall, Fletcher, Forestieri, Nuihu, Rhodes or we are going to have a lot of wages sat in the stands every game we need at least a left back, right midfield/winger, central defence and central midfield cover.

 

Oh yeah and the transfer window shuts in 21 days so no rush. WTF:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, room0035 said:

Lets say we start the season with the squad we have, options at left back are Fox, Palmer or Penny, we have no recognised right midfielders at the club, central midfield consists of Bannan, Lee, Hutch, Pelupessy and 2 of these have such great injury records so no worries here lol 

Options in central defence Lees, Borner, JVA, Thorniley - Thorniley has not got a look in so could be he is not rated by the coaches (of which Bullen has been for the last 7 years), JVA has not played for a year and we don't know yet whether Borner will be good enough for the championship league.

 

Realistically we need to offload 2 of Joao, Winnall, Fletcher, Forestieri, Nuihu, Rhodes or we are going to have a lot of wages sat in the stands every game we need at least a left back, right midfield/winger, central defence and central midfield cover.

 

Oh yeah and the transfer window shuts in 21 days so no rush. WTF:

 

Think that's pretty harsh tbh.

 

Firstly, we do have a right sided player in Harris/Reach. The likes of Lee, Bannan, Nando etc., can do a job outwide too if called upon.

 

Thorniley didn't get a look in because why would he with how Lees and Hector were playing? Borner is a new addition and JVA is basically a new one. Perhaps give them a chance before writing them off?

 

Yes, we probably do need to offload a couple in order to rebalance the squad.

 

Ideally, I'd like to see two or three more additions.

 

Still - there's plenty of talent in the squad as it stands. Perhaps try and look at the positives for once, rather than always looking to criticise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twenty five years on we still need a solid CM (have done since big Carlton) 

 

Definitely need a CB too if we don't sign Hector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The players he "attracted" and signed wern't exactly world class although Definately good enough for us.

They were out of contract I thought apart from Iorfa who somebody must have slipped up with the amount of 000's on the end of the actual figure.

Whoever does the recruiting in the mean time then DC and Bullen should be able to make a good case for joining SWFC. 

Btw....do we have any scouts employed by the club. Never see any names mentioned. Am I just in my Football Manager mode assuming we have dozens of scouts roaming the world looking for another Messi or Mbappe.

I could set my scouts looking if that helps. It's a free service from me. No payments required.

Looks like Bullen has thrown his name into the hat now so I'm all for Bullen having a go. He's probably discussed with the players how they would feel about him as manager and as one of the pre vious posts stated we have a strong enough squad now to have a go. Shame we couldn't get Hector back as he was solid at the back. Let's hope people at the club are keeping tabs on his situation as it's all gone quiet on the Hector front

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Walt said:

One for the bean counters:

 

As things stand would we be under an embargo next season if we did not sell any players?

 

 

Don't know but there is a credit of about £5.5m slated to be hitting the P & L account for that accounting period

 

And yes it can be included even if not received for months from Newcastle - as I doubt this will be an immediate cash transfer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, prowl said:

I seriously doubt that is true. We don't have a manager, any new one might want to play a different system. No point in bringing players in at present. Also it complicates compensation negotiations needlessly and the players could just turn us down and throw everything back in a shambles.

I have same opinion, point I was trying to show is if correct suggests we are not under embargo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...