If he is involved in a football club first thing he should do is get off Twitter 

3 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

I've been blocked too 

Obviously cant take criticism! 

Just out of interest, what exactly were you criticisng for, he's done or said naff all.? 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Just out of interest, what exactly were you criticisng for, he's done or said naff all.? 

I didn't criticise him on his message board all that I have done is have my opinion on owlstalk and to Alan Biggs as to whether he should be our next manager 

He has said he is ready for the job and thrown his hat into the ring 

That's enough for me  hes a great bloke and been a fantastic servant to the club but unfortunately I think it would be a disaster should he be given the job

There are some deluded fans pushing g him for the job so obviously hes got to see the other side of the coin 

27 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Chansiri has only just got the whole fanbase onside 

He'd be back to square 1 with lower crowds if ullen took charge 

No Ambition 

Let's hope it's all paper talk fired up by Biggsy who I used to respect but now think hes a complete Ar..ho.e !

I think a lot of fans (myself included) would be underwhelmed by Bullen appointment. Sort of appointment we made in the past when our financial situation meant we could not attract a named manager. Think once he is manager thought most fans would give him a chance for a while.

2 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

If we pick a seasoned campaigner with some clout and contacts the percentages would be much higher than picking a likeable no hoper 

Who is loved by everyone at the club but just isn't the right man for the job 

How do you know

with the bruce setup we were definately going places what,s the differance now he,s gone with bullen doing the exactly same thing with training and style of play as bruce.was there a magic formula that bruce had that bullen can,t copy. i would suggest as well that neil thompson joins him , l believe they would make a good partnership and maybe an older more experienced manager like ian holloway as director of football.

On 14/07/2019 at 11:23, gurujuan said:

Yes Bullen is key, we need that continuity He is capable, as he proved when taking the reins after Jos was sacked

7 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

I didn't criticise him on his message board all that I have done is have my opinion on owlstalk and to Alan Biggs as to whether he should be our next manager 

He has said he is ready for the job and thrown his hat into the ring 

That's enough for me  hes a great bloke and been a fantastic servant to the club but unfortunately I think it would be a disaster should he be given the job

There are some deluded fans pushing g him for the job so obviously hes got to see the other side of the coin 

Reyt, gotcha now, deluded fans for having their say on perhaps favouring bullen over some of the same old same old.......... Awesome. 

Just now, kazads said:

How do you know

I work on percentages pal and I give it you on good authority that theres much more chance of being successful this season with a decent manager with contacts than Bullen 

I'm not in the let's give him a chance camp

Things would be different if there were 8 games to go and we were mid table 

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Reyt, gotcha now, deluded fans for having their say on perhaps favouring bullen over some of the same old same old.......... Awesome. 

So do you want Bullen as Manager ? 

9 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

So do you want Bullen as Manager ? 

I'm prepared to at least let him show us what he's got, not gunna be all dismissive. 

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I'm prepared to at least let him show us what he's got, not gunna be all dismissive. 

So if it doesn't work out which it probably wouldn't that would be another season down the Pan !

• Agree 1

Just now, Bluey9 said:

So if it doesn't work out which it probably wouldn't that would be another season down the Pan !

Quite possibly...... and.? 

You gunna tell me a "proper" manager wouldn't maybe waste another season with perhaps undoing the Pre season work that's already been done, and so far seems to have worked if the fans in attendance at the games are to be believed  ? 

5 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

Poite , I genuinely hope that we never get the chance to find out

Bullen is great behind the scenes and is everybody's friend and loyal as they come

He would have a great honeymoon for a few matches and then the cracks would start to appear especially with such a big squad

Leave him as he is 

He has no contacts in the game and when things aren't going right he is tactically inept 

I dont get this let's give him a chance thing

By the time he got sacked we would be well off the pace again  when really we should be top 6 all day long with this squad 

I'm praying that Chansiri doesn't drop into the trap 

Totally agree - I dont want Bullen as manager either.

51 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

If he is involved in a football club first thing he should do is get off Twitter 

To be fair, I'd recommend that to any lifeform with greater intellectual capacity than a bag of sprouts.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

I don't particularly mind if Bullen gets the job tbh.

I'm more concerned about how w'ere running our coaching searches.

What are we looking for that turns out Jos, Bruce and then Bullen consecutively?

2 experienced managers, one starting out. 2 British and know the Championship, one foreign and never worked here. One not worked for months, one recently sacked, one currently at the club.

It's all a bit weird, unless we're overreacting to each failure by looking for the opposite. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

I don't particularly mind if Bullen gets the job tbh.

I'm more concerned about how w'ere running our coaching searches.

What are we looking for that turns out Jos, Bruce and then Bullen consecutively?

2 experienced managers, one starting out. 2 British and know the Championship, one foreign and never worked here. One not worked for months, one recently sacked, one currently at the club.

It's all a bit weird, unless we're overreacting to each failure by looking for the opposite. 

Exactly that - thanks to Bruce all of a sudden being loyal is the key quality we’re looking for in a manager. Forget about, you know, aptitude for managing a football team. Just stick with it and you’ll do for us just fine.

• Agree 2

I'm not really sure what Lee Bullen does on a day to day basis, as I don't work at the club, that's not meant in a negative way BTW. But he is always spoken of very highly, and has done, in my opinion, a good job when asked in between managers. He also obviously has Wednesday in his heart. I just think that if he took the managers job, sooner or later he would get the sack as all managers do, and that would then mean the of him at the club, which would be a bad thing. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Exactly that - thanks to Bruce all of a sudden being loyal is the key quality we’re looking for in a manager. Forget about, you know, aptitude for managing a football team. Just stick with it and you’ll do for us just fine.

Son y I know we don’t agree too much but I’m in total agreement. 

Its like being stung by a long term girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband who’s cheated on you, and then your initial thought because of the hurt is, the good looking ones will just cheat so I better play safe..... 

fizz that, get back on the bike. Find the best looking lass/lad and always go for the best you can.

Edited by 2roland2

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Successful teams tend to have a continuity when it comes to managers - a style of play, philosophy etc.

The less successful are those who jump from one extreme to the other.

We've done that on three separate occasions...

Looking at the squad we have, I think we need someone willing to play a direct (not hoofing it) style with an emphasis on pressing and winning the ball higher up the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I get impression most fans would say no to Bullen being Head Coach / Manager.
Think you have to accept its football and no one is 100% loyal.