17 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Given what is being said about experience , I wonder how any Manager gets a job .They all have to start somewhere and be given that first chance . Bully has more than served his apprenticeship ,has honesty , integrity and no little skill , knowledge and tactical awareness  as well as having good working relationships with the players .

Some of those being suggested on here have even less success and experience than Josh .

As an interim appointment with a rolling short term contract and until someone with real credentials turns up , Bully may be worth a try .

And waste another season in the championship

Absolutely no chance 

Seems Bullen is now blocking people on twitter who don't want him to be manager, when did he turn into Nixon? 

Do we have to go through this every time we want a manager twice bullen has been overlooked. The reason for this is simple he is not the man for the job, anybody who thinks he should be given a go should stop living in the past and see what is best for wednesday and not let your heart rule you head

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

And waste another season in the championship

Absolutely no chance 

Guarantees we're going up with a proven manager anyway.? 

So we could quite easily "waste" another season in the championship. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL

We are a mid table team. 

Have been for more than 2 years and those players are getting even older now. A few freebies won’t change a thing.

we are heading for mid table no matter who is in charge. It will be another pleasant, relaxing season next season. We won’t go down , we won’t go up.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Seems Bullen is now blocking people on twitter who don't want him to be manager, when did he turn into Nixon? 

He needs a thicker skin to be manager.

He would proper step into the firing line.

Big risk for him and for us. He is unproven and doubt is to be expected. 

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We are a mid table team. 

Have been for more than 2 years and those players are getting even older now. A few freebies won’t change a thing.

we are heading for mid table no matter who is in charge. It will be another pleasant, relaxing season next season. We won’t go down , we won’t go up.

If that is our ambition then I think DC should ensure the ticket prices reflect this. I don't think the expectations amongst the fanbase will be mid table mediocracy at all. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Guarantees we're going up with a proven manager anyway.? 

So we could quite easily "waste" another season in the championship. 

If we pick a seasoned campaigner with some clout and contacts the percentages would be much higher than picking a likeable no hoper 

Who is loved by everyone at the club but just isn't the right man for the job 

Edited by Bluey9

4 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

If we pick a seasoned campaigner with some clout and contacts the percentages would be much higher than picking a likeable no hoper 

Spot on

43 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

If that is our ambition then I think DC should ensure the ticket prices reflect this. I don't think the expectations amongst the fanbase will be mid table mediocracy at all. 

Its not DC saying that is it, its this place. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

To hell with clout and contacts, just gimme some "seasoned campaigner" who can do the job. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL

43 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

You can expect what you want, but the team we have are not a top 6 team. Hence mid table finishes for last two years.

8 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

we pick a seasoned campaigner with some clout and contacts the percentages would be much higher

Yeah, like every club in the country would like one of them. Can't see any on the list who would be a viable option. Most are out of work for a reason; cos they want too much money for players. Or they are just plain average managers, or they are sat on their aris waiting for a 'big club'. They don't mind waiting cos they have made loads of dosh on the manager circuit, when they realise that a big club ain't coming, they will jump back on the circuit with a club like.....

I’m not ITK at all but my mate has been told by one of his suppliers (in his business) who also has dealings with SWFC that the job is Bullen’s as long as Germany goes ok. Apparently this has been going on for a few weeks. Newcastle interest in Bruce broke 3rd week in June. Apparently we were in for Hughton but he has turned us down and Chansiri is plumping for Bullen.

Hes not my choice as I think we need a big name manager at Wednesday. If this happens to be true, I think we need to ensure we bring in a top assistant manager. 

Has Bullen been looking into getting into management?

Has he applied for jobs at say places like Bury or Chesterfield when then have become vacant?
If he hasn't I would ask him why not.
Not saying a first time manager can not be a success but would much prefer someone with a bit of experience.

Posted (edited)

Dear god please not Bullen 

I’m sure there’s many likeable characters similar to bullen who know the players and all that stuff 

We need someone capable of taking us to the next level 

mediocrity for the upcoming seasons if this comes off 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m not ITK at all but my mate has been told by one of his suppliers (in his business) who also has dealings with SWFC that the job is Bullen’s as long as Germany goes ok. Apparently this has been going on for a few weeks. Newcastle interest in Bruce broke 3rd week in June. Apparently we were in for Hughton but he has turned us down and Chansiri is plumping for Bullen.

Hes not my choice as I think we need a big name manager at Wednesday. If this happens to be true, I think we need to ensure we bring in a top assistant manager. 

We are only playing a couple of warm up games, I hope we are basing it on more than that.

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We are only playing a couple of warm up games, I hope we are basing it on more than that.

Only said what I’ve been told. Reading between the lines and what’s been said in the media, the Bruce link has been there for 4 weeks. I also believe that Bruce has pro-actively engaged to be the Newcastle manager as well. It’s been bubbling away in the background. I think Hughton was chansiris choice but he has now turned us down. Chansiri is now unsure on who to appoint and Lee Bullen is now in pole position for the role. 

He is not my choice. The Wednesday job has always been a big job and I think it needs a certain type of character to do it as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Only said what I’ve been told. Reading between the lines and what’s been said in the media, the Bruce link has been there for 4 weeks. I also believe that Bruce has pro-actively engaged to be the Newcastle manager as well. It’s been bubbling away in the background. I think Hughton was chansiris choice but he has now turned us down. Chansiri is now unsure on who to appoint and Lee Bullen is now in pole position for the role. 

He is not my choice. The Wednesday job has always been a big job and I think it needs a certain type of character to do it as well. 

Chansiri has only just got the whole fanbase onside 

He'd be back to square 1 with lower crowds if ullen took charge 

No Ambition 

Let's hope it's all paper talk fired up by Biggsy who I used to respect but now think hes a complete Ar..ho.e !

4 hours ago, marcx666 said:

I've been blocked too 

Obviously cant take criticism! 

• Haha 1