I have it on good authority........

8 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

Wearing the Leeds kit in the 1966 cup final is the reason we lost.

I've mentioned this before

I asked my parents for the Wednesday home kit one Christmas, my dad in his wisdom suggested I should go for the all white cup final kit, so I agreed.

In those days shirts didn't come with crests, you bought the crest seperate, this my mother did, and she sewed it on

I showed this photo to someone about 30 years after it was taken, they pointed out the crest wasn't Wednesday, it was Leeds

All those years and no one ever knew

Here I am with 3 of my piggy mates, although the lad in stripped shirt changed to Wednesday in the seventies.

557.thumb.jpg.459b3ec0abfcdc2827a534d13e1d2817.jpg

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've mentioned this before

I asked my parents for the Wednesday home kit one Christmas, my dad in his wisdom suggested I should go for the all white cup final kit, so I agreed.

In those days shirts didn't come with crests, you bought the crest seperate, this my mother did, and she sewed it on

I showed this photo to someone about 30 years after it was taken, they pointed out the crest wasn't Wednesday, it was Leeds

All those years and no one ever knew

Here I am with 3 of my piggy mates, although the lad in stripped shirt changed to Wednesday in the seventies.

557.thumb.jpg.459b3ec0abfcdc2827a534d13e1d2817.jpg

I seem to recall Leeds having an Owl on their crest similar to our current one,am I imagining things?