OFFICIAL level up

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Unfortunataely, it's not. The FA are actually asking Huddersfield for their "observations" on the kit, as it breaches the "one single area (of sponsor logo) not exceeding 250 sq. centimeters on the front of the shirt".

I personally hope it gets banned, because not only do I despise the amount of unecessary betting advertising in sport these days, it's absolutely fugly.

It'll still be all a publicity stunt I reckon, they'll have known they'd never get away with it. Mock up the design, play a friendly in it, get everyone talking about it... get told they can't have it, release the real kit, auction off the "fake" shirts. PP take any fall out as it's been a massively succesful marketing campaign for them, Huddersfield probably sell a fair few shirts (well as many as Huddersfield can) as fans are releieved the real shirt isn't this monstrosity. And ultimately Huddersfield Town will forever be known as the club who sold their soul for a Paddy Power joke.

5 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Just checked online and currently only the ‘Pro Fit’ version available at £99.

Think I’ll wait for the Fat Fit version.

Are the Elev8 sizes about right, or do I need to go up/down a size?

It is available now. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Manwithastick

Good numbers at the megastore. 

Sizes appear even even smaller than last year - brought the sons xl from last year and it’s a fraction (1/2 inch?) bigger than this years 2xl:ohmy:

23 minutes ago, stowyowl said:

It'll still be all a publicity stunt I reckon, they'll have known they'd never get away with it. Mock up the design, play a friendly in it, get everyone talking about it... get told they can't have it, release the real kit, auction off the "fake" shirts. PP take any fall out as it's been a massively succesful marketing campaign for them, Huddersfield probably sell a fair few shirts (well as many as Huddersfield can) as fans are releieved the real shirt isn't this monstrosity. And ultimately Huddersfield Town will forever be known as the club who sold their soul for a Paddy Power joke.

You could be right, and you probably are. After all, we are talking about and I'm sure other fans of other clubs are too. The shirt is being shown on the club shop site but again, it could be part of the ruse.

I feel there is way too much advertising for sports betting but PP do at least try and mix things up and stand out. And they do it well to be fair.

32 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Size up i'd say ... I'm a medium but had to get a large cos medium was too tight around the gut!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Well that's me down to the shop  tomorrow to get the lad one. Probably won't bother myself as I'm pretty rotund and don't feel comfortable in footy shirts anymore. 

Being a lot more rotund than yourself

I considered not getting one

But how am I going to wind up the Stone Island mob in the North stand if I don't buy one

Ordered it this morning

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Sizes appear even even smaller than last year - brought the sons xl from last year and it’s a fraction (1/2 inch?) bigger than this years 2xl:ohmy:

We rang the shop, they fitting is exactly the same as last year, so we ordered exactly the same as last year

Guest Ash76

I’m guessing no sponsor is because we had to waste a load of shirts that originally had it on but also carried ‘WAWAW’ somewhere on them.

17 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I’m guessing no sponsor is because we had to waste a load of shirts that originally had it on but also carried ‘WAWAW’ somewhere on them.

The players would surely have had the shirt with the sponsor on if that was the case? Not like any potential "WAWAW" would be visible on the release video/images - and even if it was, could easily be edited out.

20 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Nice avatar @Peacenocchio

Mighty fine album by a mighty fine band

Shame about Hollis.

Cheers Hootie. Ah what a waste. But what a legacy, still play those albums regularly especially Laughing Stock. Usually on my own though :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackSWFC said:

That is what gets me. The 'pro fit' is what the players wear therefore that is the replica shirt. What you can buy for 60 quid is an imitation of the real shirt-its a rip off

10 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Cheers Hootie. Ah what a waste. But what a legacy, still play those albums regularly especially Laughing Stock. Usually on my own though :biggrin:

True mate

I think I've got all his stuff, including the solo album

Still play them too

talk.thumb.png.519734179cb3297343e30209eb78d422.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

If that's true I hope they make a 7 xl or I'm stuffed!

Guest Ash76
49 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The players would surely have had the shirt with the sponsor on if that was the case? Not like any potential "WAWAW" would be visible on the release video/images - and even if it was, could easily be edited out.

Fair point, possibly a new sponsor in the works then?