OFFICIAL level up

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

£59 is about standard these days for football shirts. I went to the Nou Camp in February and the Barcelona shirts were €120

Becoming the norm isn't it which is a shame considering the cost of producing them will be the same if not cheaper.

We get a small company in to pass on the savings to the consumers but we'r end up charging more ..

59 is excessive. The infant kit and junior shirt after bloody abhorrent as well

And what the hell,  €120 for a Barca shirt. Fùck that!!!!

Think a lot of the big clubs charge upwards of 65 quid n all ...

That's my only gripe with all this. The price

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

fizz me that’s expensive again. Lot of money to spend on the kids when they are just going to get trashed over time!

Not all kids are drunken youths. Have higher expectations and try not to let them have too many cans of cider on an evening.

1 minute ago, apswfcowl said:

Not all kids are drunken youths. Have higher expectations and try not to let them have too many cans of cider on an evening.

I was thinking from a personal point of view and on about the infants, there not quite on the cans of cider just yet. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

It's a bit of a cliche, but even at 45/59 quid it's still easily the cheapest piece of clothing you can buy for kids based on cost vs. wear time.

Eh?

Kids will wear any old sh*te. A £5 Primark t-shirt could become their favourite thing in the world. My lad is obsessed with his skateboarding dinosaur hat and takes it everywhere with him. It cost me a few quid from Tesco.

:duntmatter:

9 hours ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

God willing basically

Yeah that part I know.

I'm not a Muslim, I just don't like how pervasive gambling companies/advertising is these days, I don't gamble myself and have no issue with people that do enjoy gambling, but there's clearly a correlation between the huge increase in problem gambling and the way in the last few years gambling advertising is constantly shoved in everyone's faces, especially kids, these companies have zero morals.

9 hours ago, modboy said:

I still think this is a clever viral marketing campaign

Unfortunataely, it's not. The FA are actually asking Huddersfield for their "observations" on the kit, as it breaches the "one single area (of sponsor logo) not exceeding 250 sq. centimeters on the front of the shirt".

I personally hope it gets banned, because not only do I despise the amount of unecessary betting advertising in sport these days, it's absolutely fugly.

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Was ASDA the first sponsor we had?  

Nope. Crosby Kitchens was. Then MHS, Finlux, VT Plastics. ASDA was only used for the ‘91 final. Was followed by Mr Tom halfway through the following season and then Sanderson etc...

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, badfan said:

Nope. Crosby Kitchens was. Then MHS, Finlux, VT Plastics. ASDA was only used for the ‘91 final. Was followed by Mr Tom halfway through the following season and then Sanderson etc...

Forgot Crosby Kitchens. Can't 'see it' on the kit? I can vividly remember ASDA and funnily enough Lee Chapman in the MHS shirt....