New Manager Qualities

As much as most of us would like a manager who would take us into the Premiership quickly, I would prefer him (or her, to be inclusive) to be at least honourable, open, loyal and honest. Naively, I thought Steve Bruce was such a man and he gave me no reason (until now) to think otherwise. He seemed grounded, passionate on the sidelines - where he appropriately hounded some of the lazier players to move their backsides which helped us put opponents under pressure and give us opportunities to score. He was open and honest in his pre and post match interviews. He quickly got the measure of many of the team. For example, he bought out the best in Liam Palmer (long may it continue) and, with Kieran Westwood back in the side, our defence tightened up considerably. Recent transfers seemed wise on the face of it e.g speedy winger to feed Rhodes the kind of chances he has shown he is so capable of taking. I guess Steve Bruce was influential here. Had Bruce joined a few months earlier I believe we would have made the playoffs last.  Anyway, he’s now proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal - an utter disgrace of a human being and a first class pig, so he’s best consigned to the bin where he belongs. So, what qualities are you looking for in the new manager?

• Like 1

He must be older and experienced and know the game inside out,  whilst at the same time being young, up and coming with fresh revolutionary ideas.  

Must be English, staid,  and know the league, and have a wealth of contacts in the Enlgish game whilst also being foreign and exotic and exciting and having a wealth of contacts abroad. 

• Haha 5