Megson odds slashed

Guest buster123

44 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I love Megson and I am a fully paid up member of the TCOM (The Cult of Megson).

But you sound like his agent, you're even more enthusiastic than @Simaniac Owl

If that is possible.

garymegson

He's his brother. I remember him talking about his Dad in the thread about him (Don not Gary) recently.

Must confess I always smile when Megson’s name comes up at a time of managerial upheaval.  

This time around, the call for Megson seemed a little slow in getting started - I was starting to think that people had finally conceded his time had passed. Still can’t work out if this is now “tongue in cheek” or whether some people seriously believe he’s a realistic candidate.

3 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Yes it did. Megson built the squad and the team spirit that gained promotion. The players didn’t want HIM sacked and put extra effort in for HIM.  

Are you really that daft?

Where was the effort in the 3 defeats in a row pre Pigs game?

Or when we lost 5-1 to Stevanage?

The players played with freedom when a new manager came and played attacking football. He inspired and takes credit for that amazing run in.

Megson built a team and was failing. He was handing autos to the Pigs.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Marshall then Antonio got us promotion that year ... didn’t megson get both players in on loan ??????

So did any other players play for us that season?

Its not being a hater but dispelling myths and dealing with the tedious Megson brigade. If he never played for us he wouldnt have so many obsessed fans

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

Don't know about the players but a good proportion of the fans did.  If you think we'd have got promoted had Megson stayed then your deluded.

Wanted him sacked? how many is a good proportion of fans. Impossible to say if we would have got  promoted should Megson have stayed, it's hardly deluded to think we would. Besides that, he wasn't sacked for football reasons.

Here's what some fans thought at the time

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/165647-gary-megson-sacked/

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So did any other players play for us that season?

Its not being a hater but dispelling myths and dealing with the tedious Megson brigade. If he never played for us he wouldnt have so many obsessed fans

No players as good as them two !!!!...I’m not obsessed with megson.....But a passionate manager like him..was what we needed at that time ...He made semedo...rob jones...ogrady..etc run through brick walls for us ....Jones gave us boothroyd