Megson odds slashed

Guest buster123

1 minute ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Yes it did. Megson built the squad and the team spirit that gained promotion. The players didn’t want HIM sacked and put extra effort in for HIM.  

Don't know about the players but a good proportion of the fans did.  If you think we'd have got promoted had Megson stayed then your deluded.

Like everybody I loved his passion for the club but his football was dire.  If it wasn't for the fact he's one of us nobody would be mentioning him.

Megson would be the type to sort us out.

Provided the chairman permitted it, which I doubt he would.

Whether he could get us over the line or not, I'm not sure.

But I can't see anyone getting us over the line at present.

But if not he'd probably lay the foundations for someone else to, as he did before.

If we keep asking £8 million for players like Joao then we're up a tree no matter who's at the helm.

21 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Don't know about the players but a good proportion of the fans did.  If you think we'd have got promoted had Megson stayed then your deluded.

Like everybody I loved his passion for the club but his football was dire.  If it wasn't for the fact he's one of us nobody would be mentioning him.

Yes, I agree.

But what Megson did was bring players in with the right mentality, as the Blades had last season.

So when Jones came in, although the football was very different, the players we had possessed the grit to make it work.

As I said above, I wouldn't be against Megson coming in and doing that again.

The problem isn't Megson, it's if Chansiri would permit it.

36 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

I'd never claim to be a mathematical genius but, by my calculations, if you put a tenner on him becoming our next manager, you'd lose a tenner.

Sounds like a good deal that does lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I agree.

But what Megson did was bring players in with the right mentality, as the Blades had last season.

So when Jones came in, although the football was very different, the players we had possessed the grit to make it work.

As I said above, I wouldn't be against Megson coming in and doing that again.

The problem isn't Megson, it's if Chansiri would permit it.

After racially abusing the last chairman do you really think he'll manage here again

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Their style of football will send a glass eye to sleep. 

Got to agree that 4-4 draw with Huddersfield was a shocking game as was the victory and the draw against the pigs don't know how I kept awake 

Guest buster123

Because addedtiome he know what sort of players you need to go up, and what sort of players he'd need to move out to stay up.

Guest buster123

daveyboy he needed abusing. Don't tell the mamager who's playing crap and who to play.

Edited by buster123
medded up

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people on Owlstalk seem to continually ridicule players who have been loyal servants to the club. Gary Megson is one of our own.

A little respect would not go amiss and yes I would like to see him return as manager. He was poorly treated by MM.

2 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

Is a no from me. As a player loved him. Couldn't manage a wee wee up in a brewery. Carlos has more unfinished business with us than meggo. Gvb, stendel or if we could tempt em kluivert and seedorf.

2 championship promotions