Michael O’Neil

37 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Decent division 2 manager.

Did well with non league Ireland, but Championship way too high a level for him.

People need to remember that managing the likes of Ireland and Scotland is like managing semi pro.

All that considered, he's doing a pretty good job then!

Turned West Brom down recently didn’t he? I still think that we need a proven Manager in the Championship who knows this league although I have been tempted by some of the suggestions of appointing a young, recently retired big name prem  player eg: John Terry.

7 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Michael O'Neil is a fantastic football manager.

His achievements with NI's limited resources are amazing.

This.

He has done brillantly and has improved our fortunes so much. A great man manager who also takes no nonsense. Plus unlike many candidates he isnt a negative manager.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
5 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

This.

He has done brillantly and has improved our fortunes so much. A great man manager who also takes no nonsense. Plus unlike many candidates he isnt a negative manager.

Difficult one this. Fantastic tactician and man manager, who would be ideal for Wednesday. But I’d prefer him to stay in charge of our national team!

O'Neills achievements with Shamrock Rovers in Europe and following up with his getting the most out of bang average footballers in Ni are outstanding. You know buck all about football if you think he couldn't improve SWFC in its current state. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworth said:

A few years ago I would have self combusted if we had appointed O'Neil as manager. BUT he's spent so long in the company of Roy Keane he's had all the joy and magic sucked out of him.  Its a sad story but we should steer well clear.   

MICHAEL,not Martin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Championship is one of hardest leagues in Europe and very difficult to manage in. Suggestions for everybody has managed to get a couple of decent results is bad enough but anybody who thinks International management is a good indicator of success at this level only need look at Chris Coleman and Martin O'Neill have shown they struggle to come to this level. Forget his name but Roberto Martines assistant was assistant to Darren Moore and also did not come up to expectations.

1 hour ago, malek said:

Would anyone want Pardew here ?

55 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Not unless he was being appointed toilet attendant

He's working as an internet orders packing operative at the "Ashley" Ollerton distribution depot ...

Still got 4 years left to do .......

Alan_Pardew__88295.1462284585.jpg.9243d511888aa166a06e39b55cbd4b3a.jpg

He's got 3 more "operatives" coming down from Newcastle to train up early December before the Christmas rush

:tango:...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Without looking is he currently in work? DC wont poach another manager unless hes changed since this issue with bruce

I am not sure it’s as black and white as that: there’s nothing wrong with approaching another club / national team about their manager. It’s going behind their back, deliberately unsettling the guy etc that is wrong.

Michael O'Neill would be a huge gamble

I'd be more than happy to give him the opportunity. Plays football the right way, allows his sides to have a go against vastly superior opposition and his European journey with Shamrock Rovers was very impressive

Whether he'd leave his 'job for life' is another thing. Didn't he turn Stoke City down after they sacked Rowett?