Michael O’Neil

Coleman gets linked but never Michael O’Neil, who when you consider the relative resources of NI and Wales, has done a far better job in recent years. 

Is is a great motivator and man manager and used to getting the best out of limited players. I think he’s well worth a shout. 

• Like 2

I think he has been great with NI and I would absolutely love him to come to us. 

Whether our fans would give him the time of day I don't know. Some Wednesday fans don't know what happens in Football if it isn't on Football Heaven. 

With the teams he's played for and managed I'm not sure what he brings to a championship side.

May well be a good manager but shamrock rovers and international management are miles away from this league.

Wouldn't take the chance myself

Might be worth a gamble. But not sure would leave his current job for us. He is very secure in his current role, so don't see him leaving to take a gamble with us. Maybe at the end of a qualifying or major tournament, but not now.

National level is a different ballgame to league management for me, the likes of southgate, o'neil hughes, coleman etc have all done well at that level but still dont think it makes them good managers. Its largely for useless young managers and decent old managers who cant be bothered with the day to day stuff anymore.

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think you are getting your O’Neill’s mixed up.

...like I said...

16 minutes ago, George said:

Some Wednesday fans don't know what happens in Football if it isn't on Football Heaven. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't think he is worth the risk, doesn't seem to be a bad manager bit I'd prefer for us to go with someone who has worked at this level.

I get the feeling that next season is going to be massive for us and the appointment needs to be right. For me it's the wrong time for an appointment such as this.