Lee Johnson

Its a no from me not the sort of manager who I think could get us promoted and moving forward as a team for me Gary Rowett did a great job at Burton and Birmingham and given more time at Stoke would probably achieved there too he has a 42% win rate in over 340 games.

Give him the squad we have plus a little money to add one or two additions and we would be top 8 maybe with an outside for the play offs.

15 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Are we step up from Bristol City though? I think they are dark horses for promotion this year personally. 

I would agree...lots of positives with LJ.  They (Bristol) seem capable of spending  'upper championship' money on players these days, a situation that has come about by impressive recruitment and ultimately the sale of those players.  Also their use of the loan market has been enviable.  How much of this is down to L.J. is unknown though he has surely had a big part in it.  I don't know how big a squad he had to play with but I suspect the poor runs were largely down to a lack of strength in depth (injuries).  For me he's taken a lot of distinctly average players and made a few of them into potential premier league players.  To my mind the best possible candidate for this particular job...if he would take it.

3 minutes ago, andytrig said:

I love the hypocrisy in football. We are all up in arms that we have lost our coaching team less than 3 weeks before the start of the season but would quite happily do it to another club.

I'm not up with in arms about it.  It's a football fact.  We've done it countless times in the past and had the same done to us..The only thing that anonys me is that Ashley seems to think he's too big to pay us compo.

21 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

No way would Lee Johnson choose to leave ‘his’ club. As a former player he loves Bristol City and even if a lower PL club came for him he’d turn them down. He admits he wants to manage in the PL but ‘with Bristol City’.

Add to that he lives locally, his young daughter goes to a local school and he has a property empire in one of the more elite areas of Bristol in Clifton.

Plus.......he owes a debt of gratitude to our owner Steve Lansdown who refused to sack him when City were struggling in and around the drop zone two seasons ago. Since then he’s made progress in terms of league position in the two seasons since. Johnson is a deep thinker about the beautiful game and a really clever guy - far more insightful than his father was who in all fairness was a one trick pony.

Thank you Alan, good to hear the point of view of a Brighton supporter. That pretty much kills my hopes in that direction then.

How come you have an Owl on your badge? Are we your second team?

4 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Thank you Alan, good to hear the point of view of a Brighton supporter. That pretty much kills my hopes in that direction then.

How come you have an Owl on your badge? Are we your second team?

Your site seems automatically to call everyone who joins a Sheffield Wednesday fan. I don’t think you can opt out! I’m another Bristol City fan who sometimes mooches around rivals’ forums.

On 17/07/2019 at 15:58, 1993swfc said:

Lee Johnson, hasn’t seemed to achieve anything. Decent enough squad at Bristol over last few years and just ponder around mid table. 

hw wouldn't leave BCFC for us,would you ?they will finish above us,no danger ffs