Aitor Karanka

Not for me. 

I just don't think he's the right match for us to be successful, some managers just fit and some don't. 

Would be a bit of a jos situation if he drops a fans favourite or results don't go our way, very quickly. He's dull and passionless just like his football. 

Yes he's had some good results and a promotion on his cv, but I just don't see him fitting in here. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’m not advocating Karanka, but the football under Bruce wasn’t exactly free flowing Can’t seem to remember too many complaining, in fact I would say I was in the minority when questioning it

I was never for or against Bruce - not bothered he's gone tbh - more bothered about the way hes done it which leaves a bitter taste. 

I think there are better managers out there than Karanka, for us to chase.  

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

I was never for or against Bruce - not bothered he's gone tbh - more bothered about the way hes done it which leaves a bitter taste. 

I think there are better managers out there than Karanka, for us to chase.  

Agreed

4 minutes ago, smhouston said:

To go up and come back down makes it pointless. It was still absolutely dross football. I remember going to watch us against them and they scored in literally the first minute of the game. After that they just shut up shop. Some would say it was a professional performance, others would say it was an absolute borefest, and it was something they did every season hence them always having the best defence but least amount scored in the top 6 every season he was in charge

Not pointless at all, to come back down with all that money puts the club in a far better position, Boro have just chosen not to spend it wisely and haven't gone back up. 

6 minutes ago, smhouston said:

To go up and come back down makes it pointless. It was still absolutely dross football. I remember going to watch us against them and they scored in literally the first minute of the game. After that they just shut up shop. Some would say it was a professional performance, others would say it was an absolute borefest, and it was something they did every season hence them always having the best defence but least amount scored in the top 6 every season he was in charge

Would mean a big overhaul of our squad to play how karanka sets his tactics and strategies. We're not big, strong or defensively solid enough. 

Bannan & Nando would absolutely hate having him in charge. 

We need to find someone with a good balance of all round tactics which was why Bruce was far more effective than jos who like karanka liked to ply ultra defensive football. 

Can’t argue with his record. But I’d have concerns that he’s a bit of a prima Donna and could easily fall out with DC and walk. 

His style is also very very similar to CC. When we played Boro in the cup both sides just cancelled each other out with possession football. I think both Harris and Odubajo would be shackled under him.

Like it or not, this side is currently built for a more simple but effective style of getting the ball into the final third as quickly as possible. A stendel or Karanka would need a lot of time and a few transfer windows to reshape the squad. If that is accepted then fine.

But in terms of making an impact now someone like a Rowett or Monk would stand out for me as they have both done jobs with restrictions and got teams up there. Monks recent bad press would put me off him a bit though if we need value for money.

Guest gizowl
37 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Karanka a ludicrous suggestion?

I would say it's more ludicrous to say it's ludicrous. 

He's an experienced champ manager with a promotion on his CV.

Keep out of the sun and drink plenty of water. 

Just now, Westfield Owl said:

Who?

I could list a whole host - that in my opinion are better, in your opinion they may not. 

Hughton (possibly already rejected)

Neill (Preston)

Pearson

Lee Johnson

Jokanovic

(I've only listed ones  think would potentially be attainable).

Like I've stated, I live close to Middlesbrough, 90% of my mates are Boro fans and match attenders, Karanka wasn't the messiah that he was made out to be - just because he has Real Madrid on his CV doesn't make him a great manager. Tactically awful, terrible substitutions at vital times, unable to alter games, plan A - if plan A fails revert to plan A. playing 1 up front against low table opposition at home (this one really wound them up). He did have great contacts regarding signings - all comments from my mates.

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I could list a whole host - that in my opinion are better, in your opinion they may not. 

Hughton (possibly already rejected)

Neill (Preston)

Pearson

Lee Johnson

Jokanovic

(I've only listed ones  think would potentially be attainable).

Like I've stated, I live close to Middlesbrough, 90% of my mates are Boro fans and match attenders, Karanka wasn't the messiah that he was made out to be - just because he has Real Madrid on his CV doesn't make him a great manager. Tactically awful, terrible substitutions at vital times, unable to alter games, plan A - if plan A fails revert to plan A. playing 1 up front against low table opposition at home (this one really wound them up). He did have great contacts regarding signings - all comments from my mates.

Not a chance Lee Johnson would leave Bristol City to come here, they have more clout than is without the FFP restrictions. Alex Neil would cost a bomb in compensation.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

Guest gizowl
6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Would mean a big overhaul of our squad to play how karanka sets his tactics and strategies. We're not big, strong or defensively solid enough. 

Bannan & Nando would absolutely hate having him in charge. 

We need to find someone with a good balance of all round tactics which was why Bruce was far more effective than jos who like karanka liked to ply ultra defensive football. 

Agree,we don't want someone coming in and ripping up whats been done over the last few months, one or two in and two or three out, but tactically we're nearly there, someone come in just a few tweaks and bingo.NO MAJOR UPHEAVAL NECESSARY. 

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Agree,we don't want someone coming in and ripping up whats been done over the last few months, one or two in and two or three out, but tactically we're nearly there, someone come in just a few tweaks and bingo.NO MAJOR UPHEAVAL NECESSARY. 

Exactly my point bud, we need someone with a similar tactical style to Bruce, a rounded lol and balanced one, as thats the sort of sqaud/players we have.

You can't suddenly hope bannan can grow a foot and turn into a big ball playing midfield monster. 

He has been rumbled and latest efforts are poor. His continental style is well found out now and clubs have learned how to play against it. Has not done well recently and was always one game away from cracking at Middlesboro. Think Wednesday would be bigger test and find him out.

55 minutes ago, Moz_Wednesday said:

I’m not too sure. My girlfriend & her family are all Boro season ticket holders & I don’t think that he’s the man for us.

Very stubborn & wants to do things his way or no way...I think he would clash a lot with Chansiri. I also remember the time he walked out on Boro. His football there in his first full season was great but strangely the season they got promoted it was dreadful to watch. It got even worse in the premier league & even more defensive.

Who gives a poo, they got promoted.

End of.

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Exactly my point bud, we need someone with a similar tactical style to Bruce, a rounded lol and balanced one, as thats the sort of sqaud/players we have.

You can't suddenly hope bannan can grow a foot and turn into a big ball playing midfield monster. 

We most definitely do not have a balanced squad. 

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Can’t argue with his record. But I’d have concerns that he’s a bit of a prima Donna and could easily fall out with DC and walk. 

His style is also very very similar to CC. When we played Boro in the cup both sides just cancelled each other out with possession football. I think both Harris and Odubajo would be shackled under him.

Like it or not, this side is currently built for a more simple but effective style of getting the ball into the final third as quickly as possible. A stendel or Karanka would need a lot of time and a few transfer windows to reshape the squad. If that is accepted then fine.

But in terms of making an impact now someone like a Rowett or Monk would stand out for me as they have both done jobs with restrictions and got teams up there. Monks recent bad press would put me off him a bit though if we need value for money.

I always thought he was more direct than Carlos?

I couldn't stand anymore of that side to side and back to the goalie crap he served up.

Edited by Beholder